New PILOT release -- 1.6
Author Message
 New PILOT release -- 1.6

A new release of my IEEE PILOT interpreter/compiler, 1.6, is now available
for FTP at locke.ccil.org:pub/retro/pilot-1.6.shar.gz.

This release fixes a number of minor bugs recently pointed out in 1.5.

Comp.compilers folk might be interested in the techniques used to make the
same translator function as both an interpreter for the language and a
compiler.

The general technique of using C as the compiler's target language followed by
a call to the local C compiler to generate actual code may also be of some
interest.  I had previously used this same tactic to good effect in my
C-INTERCAL compiler (available, same location).  This technique makes the
implementation of portable production-quality compilers for small languages
almost indecently easy.

Thu, 06 Mar 1997 11:51:24 GMT

1. New JRuby release 1.6/0.3.1 beta

2. Valentina Database Line Enhanced with 1.6 Release

3. twTools 1.6 released

4. gBuddy 1.6 released

5. DBF_Y2K table scanner 1.6 released

6. ANN: LispMe 1.6 released

7. Python 1.6, the final release, is out!

8. ActivePython 1.6 beta release (fwd)

9. Python 1.6 alpha 1 released

10. When Python 1.6 is scheduled to be released?

11. ANNOUNCE: SnackAmp Tcl/Tk based MP3/OGG Player 1.6 Released

12. ANNOUNCE: TclSOAP Release 1.6