New langauge - beta testers needed
Author Message
 New langauge - beta testers needed

Hi, everybody.  I'm working on a new language called EZwin, using lcc-win32
as a backend.  The idea of the language is to make Windows programming as
simple as possible while still giving a decent functionality.  Now in
version 0.23 beta, I find a need for a lot more beta testers.  If
interested, please email me.  Thanks.  ;')

___
_|ohn

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New langauge - beta testers needed

Quote:

>Hi, everybody.  I'm working on a new language called EZwin, using lcc-win32
>as a backend.  The idea of the language is to make Windows programming as
>simple as possible while still giving a decent functionality.  Now in
>version 0.23 beta, I find a need for a lot more beta testers.  If
>interested, please email me.  Thanks.  ;')

Hi,  I'm interested.  I went to the EZwin web page, and to the egroup
page, but can't find any info, such as how it differs from Haskell, Basic,
Java, or any other language.  Seems to me that every language is designed
with the same goal as yours: make it as easy as possible, no?

John Atwood

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New langauge - beta testers needed
Hi, John.

Quote:
> >Hi, everybody.  I'm working on a new language called EZwin, using
lcc-win32
> Hi,  I'm interested.  I went to the EZwin web page, and to the egroup
> page, but can't find any info, such as how it differs from Haskell, Basic,
> Java, or any other language.  Seems to me that every language is designed
> with the same goal as yours: make it as easy as possible, no?

<smile>  Probably.  As to how it compares with other languages, well, I'm
not real sure exactly what to say about that.  Perhaps if I show you a short
example program (not commented though, shame on me), it will give you some
idea.  The syntax is sort of inbetween basic and c.  The easiest way to
figure it out is of course to grab the thing and play with it.  ;')

___
_|ohn

http://members.xoom.com/woodmage2

======  bmpviewer3.ez:
VAR INT MainMenu
VAR INT PopupMenu
VAR INT MaximumX
VAR INT MaximumY
VAR STR FileName 256
VAR INT BitmapX
VAR INT BitmapY
VAR NUM Scale
VAR INT WindowX
VAR INT WindowY
VAR INT AdjustedX
VAR INT AdjustedY
;VAR STR FullPath 1024
;VAR INT lbhwnd
;VAR INT lbid
;VAR INT Style
;VAR STR Path 1024
;VAR STR Name 1024
VAR INT fdh

FUN Start
  CALL GetFileName2
  MaximumX = MAX WINDOW X
  MaximumY = MAX WINDOW Y
  WINDOW TITLE "BMP Viewer"
END

FUN DisplayIt
  EXISTS FileName
  TRUE: DO
    CALL NewFunctions
    Scale = 1.0
    BitmapX = DIB FILE WIDTH FileName
    BitmapY = DIB FILE HEIGHT FileName
    SET TRUE
    WHILE TRUE
      Call TryScale
    END WHILE
    Call DoDisplayIt
  END DO
END DisplayIt

FUN DoDisplayIt
  VAR STR Title 1024
  WINAPI sprintf LPSTR Title LPSTR "BMP Viewer - %%s - %%3.2f%%%% - %%d x
%%d" LPSTR FileName double Scale*100 int WindowX int WindowY
  WINDOW TITLE Title
  WINDOW MOVE 1 1
  WINDOW SIZE AdjustedX AdjustedY
  DIB FILE FileName TO 1 1 WindowX WindowY
  SCREEN SAVE
END

FUN NewFunctions
  MainMenu = BEGIN MENU
  PopupMenu = BEGIN POPUP
  MENU PopupMenu + "&View Another" 991
  MENU PopupMenu + "&Exit" 992
  MENU MainMenu + "&File" POPUP PopupMenu
  PopupMenu = BEGIN POPUP
  MENU PopupMenu + "&Increase" 993
  MENU PopupMenu + "&Decrease" 994
  MENU PopupMenu + "&Enter Size" 995
  MENU MainMenu + "&Size" POPUP PopupMenu
  MENU MainMenu OPEN
  ONMENU 991 GetFileName2
  ONMENU 992 ExitFunc
  ONMENU 993 IncSize
  ONMENU 994 DecSize
  ONMENU 995 EntSize
  ONCHAR CharRoutine
  ONEXIT ExitFunc
END NewFunctions

FUN IncSize
  Scale / .99
  CALL MakeSize
  CALL DoDisplayIt
END IncSize

FUN DecSize
  Scale * .99
  CALL MakeSize
  CALL DoDisplayIt
END DecSize

FUN EntSize
  Scale = GET "Size" "Enter size as a percentage (0.0 to 100.0)"
  Scale / 100.0
  CALL MakeSize
  CALL DoDisplayIt
END EntSize

FUN MakeSize
  VAR NUM NWX
  VAR NUM NWY
  NWX = BitmapX * Scale
  NWY = BitmapY * Scale
  WindowX = NUM NWX
  WindowY = NUM NWY
  AdjustedX = ADJUST WIDTH WindowX
  AdjustedY = ADJUST HEIGHT WindowY
END MakeSize

FUN TryScale
  Call MakeSize
  IS INT AdjustedX > MaximumX
  OR INT AdjustedY > MaximumY
  TRUE: DO
    Scale - 0.0001
  END DO
END TryScale

FUN ExitFunc
  IS YES "Quit?" "Are you sure?"
  TRUE: DO
    QUIT
  END DO
END ExitFunc

FUN CharRoutine
  CASE BEGIN EZ_Char
    CASE '+' IncSize
    CASE '-' DecSize
    CASE 27 ExitFunc
    CASE 13 EntSize
    CASE 32 GetFileName2
  END CASE
END CharRoutine

FUN GetFileName2
  fdh = FILELISTBOX FileName
DDL_DRIVES|DDL_DIRECTORY|DDL_HIDDEN|DDL_READONLY|DDL_SYSTEM DoItNow
END GetFileName2

FUN DoItNow
  ONCHAR CharRoutine
  CALL DisplayIt
END DoItNow

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BETA TESTERS WANTED to test new Java Applet

2. BETA TESTERS WANTED to test new Java Applet

3. New Business Rules Engine - Beta Tester Required.

4. new language EZwin: call for beta testers

5. new language: call for beta testers.

6. New tag-module: beta-tester wanted

7. Pre-BETA testers of new MUA wanted

8. New database beta testers required

9. New VA database Beta testers wanted

10. Beta Testers Needed: Mac Tablet (Classic Note Pad Alternative for OS X)

11. Beta testers needed

12. News XPress beta testers needed