VS Trilogy?
Author Message
 VS Trilogy?

Quote:

>  I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to VS or their
>programming language, Trilogy? For that matter, I wonder if anyone
>has any information or thoughts on these "non-mainstream" languages?
>For instance, how widely are they used, etc.

I think Paul Voda, the designer and implementor of Trilogy (and perhaps
founder of VS = Voda Software??) left the software industry and got a
job doing something entirely different.  My knowledge is all
second- or third-hand, however; you might get a more informative (and
authoratative) answer if you ask in comp.lang.prolog.

I strongly doubt if anyone at all uses Trilogy these days.  However,
languages like Trilogy can have an influence on the design of later
languages.  If you're interested in Trilogy-like languages, I suggest
you check out Mercury and Oz.  Oz is another language that aims to be
multi-paradigm, as did Trilogy.  Mercury, which I am working on for my
PhD thesis, was designed foremost as a logic programming language
rather than a multi-paradigm language, but it does have support for
imperative-style programming (with unique modes) and higher-order
programming (with lambda expressions, closures, and currying).
I would guess that Mercury is probably the most Trilogy-like language
around at the moment.

--
Fergus Henderson                WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~fjh

--

Thu, 23 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trilogy's RDA/Openpath and '87

2. Objective Label Trilogy, version 1.04

3. Info on "TRILOGY"

4. trilogy

5. Input/output in the Trilogy language

6. Info on "TRILOGY"

7. Trilogy vendor in UK or Europe?

8. Input/output in the Trilogy language

9. How Prolog logic programmers see Trilogy

10. Info on Trilogy

11. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

12. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7