Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from
Author Message
 Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from

I'm looking for a good in-depth from which to learn COBOL. (Embarrassing
isn't it). By indepth I mean something which includes definitions as well
as usage.

Thanks.

Dylan.
--

Harrow HA1 4LQ England            |        ...!uunet!ukc!ibmpcug.co.uk!dylan
Phone: +44 81-863-1191            | Sun? Don't they make coffee machines?

Sat, 28 Nov 1992 03:00:19 GMT
 Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from

I have "Structured Cobol" by Welburn. Back in my cobol days, it
served me well.

--
uucp: holston!barton

Sun, 29 Nov 1992 01:03:39 GMT
 Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from
I have "A Simplified Guide to Structured Cobol Programming" By
McCraken and Golden.
I have found it to be simple and easy to follow.

Good Luck!
kajal

Sun, 06 Dec 1992 02:46:31 GMT
 Looking for Good detailed book to learn COBOL from
How about "Computer Programming in COBOL the Esay Way" by Rosendorf.
This book is part of the Barron's Educational Series.

Very Basic to read and easy to follow. It is not too technical and and
lightly covers COBOL structure. If I had to rate it from 1-10, I'd give
it a 7.5 for simplicity.

Regards,
--
---------------=============================================---------------
  Roberto La Bozzetta      Phone : +61 3 829 6301     Fax: +61 3 829 6860

Mon, 07 Dec 1992 06:41:21 GMT

1. Looking for a good book to learn tcl...

2. Best book to learn/refresh Cobol

3. Looking for a good Cobol book

4. good book for learning Smalltalk?

5. What is best book to learn smalltalk

6. A good book to learn Eiffel on ?

7. good book to learn clipper

8. Best programing book for learning Rexx on VM/CMS Mainframe

9. Good book for learning Tk (w/ Ruby)?

10. Any good books for learning XSCHEME

11. Good books for learning VRML 2.0

12. good verilog book or online link to learn for begineer