Wanted: programming language for 9 yr old
Author Message
 Wanted: programming language for 9 yr old

Quote:

> >> What happened to Micro-Prolog ? I believe it was a simplified version of
> >> Prolog designed ESPECIALLY for the education of children. Is a version of it
> >> available for IBM PCs ?

> >Micro-Prolog is the name of what Clark & McCabe did to port Prolog from DECs
> >etc to micros eg the Mac. I don't think there was any simplification of
> >anything.

> No, there was some simplification.
> Micro-Prolog used a more English-like infix notation, rather than
> the usual Prolog prefix notation.

>         Micro-Prolog            Prolog
>         X is-a Y.               is_a(X, Y).

Not a significant simplification surely :-) If they introduced
programmer-defined operators at this point in order to enable this then that
really counts as a de-simplification, IMHO. The main point is that it wasn't a
simplified version of Prolog (ie of logic programming) at all let alone for
children.

Yours, Patrick

I tend to eat my UUCP feed once a day so replies can take two days

"Occam's razor is so sharp I bought the whole argument"

Thu, 09 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted: programming language for 9 yr old

2. Wanted: programming language for 9 yr old

3. Wanted: programming language for 9 yr

4. Looking for Logo book suitable for 8-9 yr old

5. intro text in scheme for 15 yr old girl

6. Old and other less common Languages wanted

7. Wanting to buy an older Clarion for DOS program

8. Wanted: programming language for 9