Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire
Author Message
 Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire

[Followups redirected to comp.lang.misc]

As part of the research for an ongoing project I would like to
ask for your input by completing the following survey. Please
forward a copy to your friends and/or co-workers for the purpose
outlined in the copyright section.

The objective of the survey is to determine
    - what programming tools are currently in use
    - whether their use improves productivity
    - whether there is room for improvement

If you are a programmer by profession I strongly urge you to
please take part. There are a total of 15 questions. It should
only take 10 to 15 minutes of your time.

The information you provide will be used in strict confidence.
No specific individual information relating to any part of the
survey will be released.

The data collection period is between 2 to 3 weeks from the
date of the first post.  Please reply to the original post or
e-mail your response to the following address:

I will post a summary of the findings once the data have been
tabulated.  I would like to thank you in advance for your
participation.

Copyright (c) 1994 Sof2Inovation
Exception: Electionic copies may be made for the sole purpose
of collecting data.

Programming Tools Survey

Instructions:

    [] - checkBox for one or more answer(s)
    () - radioBox for single answer
    __ - fill in the blank

Working Environment

Q01. What Operating System(s) are used within your organization?

    [] DOS
    [] Mac
    [] OS/2
    [] UNIX
    [] Windows
    [] Other
        Specify:___________________

Q02. List the three (3) main programming languages used
within your organization for application development.

    Language         Compiled        Interpreted

    1____________    ____________    ____________

    2____________    ____________    ____________

    3____________    ____________    ____________

Q03. List the three (3) main programming languages (if different
from Q02.) used by you for application development.

    Language         Compiled        Interpreted

    1____________    ____________    ____________

    2____________    ____________    ____________

    3____________    ____________    ____________

Q04. Does your projects allow you to work in a team setting?

    () Yes                             () No

Programming Tools

Q05. What type(s) of text editor do you use to write code?

    [] Generic editor
    [] Language specific editor
    [] Other
        Specify:___________________

Q06. How would you rate this editor?

    () Very good
    () Good
    () Satisfactory
    () Poor
    () Very poor

Q07. Do you have a method for source code management?

    () Yes                             () No
        Specify:___________________

Q08. If yes, how would you rate the code management method?

    () Very good
    () Good
    () Satisfactory
    () Poor
    () Very poor

Q09. Do you have a method for managing different versions
of the same program?

    () Yes                             () No
        Specify:___________________

Q10. If yes, how would you rate the versioning method?

    () Very good
    () Good
    () Satisfactory
    () Poor
    () Very poor

Q11. Do you have other programming tools which are useful to you?

    () Yes                             () No
        Specify:___________________

Q12. If yes, how would you rate these tools?

    () Very good
    () Good
    () Satisfactory
    () Poor
    () Very poor

Q13. If you could improve your programming tools what areas would
you focus on?

    [] Source writing
    [] Source management
    [] Version management
    [] Special programming tools

Q14. As a wish list, what types of programming tools would be really
useful?

Please comment:

Q15. In general, how valuable would a set of well developed programming
tools be?

    () Indispensible
    () Valuable
    () Somewhat valuable
    () Not valuable
    () Could do without

End of survey.
Once again, thank you.

--
    __
___o==oo_____Long On

Sat, 31 May 1997 23:06:51 GMT
 Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire

Quote:

> [...]

>     () Poor
>     () Very poor
> Q11. Do you have other programming tools which are useful to you?
>     (X) Yes                             () No
>         Specify:___________________
> Q12. If yes, how would you rate these tools?
>     () Very good
>     (X) Good
>     () Satisfactory
>     () Poor
>     () Very poor
> Q13. If you could improve your programming tools what areas would
> you focus on?
>     [] Source writing
>     [] Source management
>     [] Version management
>     [X] Special programming tools
> Q14. As a wish list, what types of programming tools would be really
> useful?
> Please comment:MAIN FRAME/MINI DEVELOPMENT AIDS THAT COULD BE USED ON

A PC.  THIS WOULD INCLUDE TESTING AND DOCUMENTING SOURCE CODE AND FLOW CHARTS.

> Q15. In general, how valuable would a set of well developed programming
> tools be?
>     () Indispensible
>     (X) Valuable
>     () Somewhat valuable
>     () Not valuable
>     () Could do without
> End of survey.
> Once again, thank you.
> --
>     __
> ___o==oo_____Long On

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 03:07:41 GMT

1. Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire

2. Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire

3. Programming Tools Survey Questionnaire

4. REPOST: Questionnaire Survey on Object-Oriented Programming

5. Questionnaire Survey on Object-Oriented Programming

6. REPOST: Questionnaire Survey on Object-Oriented Programming

7. Questionnaire Survey on Object-Oriented Programming

8. Object-Oriented Questionnaire Survey Findings

9. Object-Oriented Questionnaire Survey Findings

10. Object Oriented Questionnaire Survey - Thanks

11. REPOST: Object Oriented Questionnaire Survey

12. Object Oriented Questionnaire Survey