visual basic versus visual c++
Author Message
 visual basic versus visual c++

I have used C and a little C++ but I have not used Visual C++.
I use Microsoft Access and Excel tools and I would like to make some
custom PC tools.

My question is: if I was to learn a visual tool, Which tool would you
recomend?

I use an Intranet at work and I am interested in making Internet tools. I
want to make active server pages. Like one to connect to an access
database or some other type of database.

Are there some tutorials that you would recommend.

Thanks in advance.

                      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 visual basic versus visual c++
well, as I can see you want to develop wide range of applications. From
my point of view I can recommend you C++. I was using VB. The plus of it
is that it's very easy to learn but solving much complex problems you'll
see that C++ is better.
I think that you should also consider Java so you want to develop
internet applications. The only problem is that you'll need
pretty powerful computers but that's the most up to date tool.

tg

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 visual basic versus visual c++

Quote:

>I have used C and a little C++ but I have not used visual C++.
>I use Microsoft Access and Excel tools and I would like to make some
>custom PC tools.

>My question is: if I was to learn a visual tool, Which tool would you
>recomend?

Well, Visual C++ isn't a visual tool ("Visual" is a marketing term
only).

I'd recommend C++ Builder or Delphi as a visual tool.

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 visual basic versus visual c++

Quote:

> I have used C and a little C++ but I have not used visual C++.
> I use Microsoft Access and Excel tools and I would like to make some
> custom PC tools.

> My question is: if I was to learn a visual tool, Which tool would you
> recomend?

Despite the name, Visual C++ is definitely *not* visual. If you want
a C++ development system with the same visual development approach as
VB, check out Inprise (Borland) CBuilder (http://www.inprise.com/).

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

2. BASIC, VISUAL BASIC, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

3. calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++

4. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

5. Question: About Visual J++ versus C++

6. visual ada / visual basic comparisons needed

7. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

8. Variable exchange in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Fortran 5.0

9. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

10. Digital Visual Fortran(DVF) or Visual Basic??

11. Visual FORTRAN and Visual Basic.

12. PDC Visual Prolog and VIsual Basic