debugging from the sysdump (mainframe)
Author Message
 debugging from the sysdump (mainframe)

Hi Folks,

     can somebody point me where can I find how to debug the errors, or
production problems using the dump when we run the JCL in mainframes?

   got fed up with display staements..
thanx
raj

                      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 debugging from the sysdump (mainframe)

:>     can somebody point me where can I find how to debug the errors, or
:>production problems using the dump when we run the JCL in mainframes?

Not at all trivial.

:>   got fed up with display staements..

From that comment I assume that you are programming Cobol. This will be quite
difficult if you do not know assembler.

First step - what is the abend code?

What does SYSDBOUT show?

--

http://www.dissensoftware.com

Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 debugging from the sysdump (mainframe)
We market a de{*filter*} for mainframes called XTRACE. It can be downloaded
from our web site (www.xtrace.com) and can be used for free until March
2000. XTRACE allows you to debug COBOL and Assembler mainframe programs.

Quote:

> Hi Folks,

>      can somebody point me where can I find how to debug the errors, or
> production problems using the dump when we run the JCL in mainframes?

>    got fed up with display staements..
> thanx
> raj

>                       http://www.*-*-*.com/

                      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mainframe COBOL Debug tools

2. Debug/Kill + Debug/Run = RB Crash

3. can someone email me Debug.com not debug.exe

4. Debug/Anti-debug/compression help wanted

5. can someone please send me debug.com and not debug.exe

6. LE, SYM,SEPARATE, and debugging withOUT the debug tool

7. debug Python interpreter work with the debug swig dll

8. Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

9. Debug won't debug

10. Porting Mainframe APL to APL*PLUS/PC

11. Mainframe APL2 Question

12. J on IBM Mainframe