Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture
Author Message
 Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

Quote:
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,

> Does anybody other than myself think that the code on this site is a
> good example of why Forth has such a bad reputation for being a
> write-only language?

> Mark

Jonah Thomas, one step back in this thread, wrote a right-on-the-Mark
defense of the Mind.Forth AI project (thanks once again, JET), and
just a few more points are in order.

Gradually each module of Mind.Forth is being fully documented on
its own Web page, centrally reachable either from the above URL or
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;The Art of
Computer Mindmaking" [ Ignoscet mihi genius Knuthi. ] Oops, there
I go again, being obfuscatory:  May Knuth's spirit forgive me.

Secondly, the main opportunity that people have with Mind.Forth
is to actually run the AI and see how *it* -- not Forth -- works.
No knowledge of Forth is necessary to run Mind.Forth AI.

Thirdly, although it was totally impossible to gain any ground
of getting a linguistic theory of mind accepted, the actual
free, public-domain source code of Mind.Forth has a much better
chance of spreading the *design* of the AI -- its architecture.

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

Quote:
> Thirdly, although it was totally impossible to gain any ground
> of getting a linguistic theory of mind accepted, the actual
> free, public-domain source code of Mind.Forth has a much better
> chance of spreading the *design* of the AI -- its architecture.

but for a program to continue living it must be maintainable.

thi

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

Quote:

> >> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind4th.html Mind.Forth
AI,

> > Does anybody other than myself think that the code on this site is a
> > good example of why Forth has such a bad reputation for being a
> > write-only language?

> > Mark

> Jonah Thomas, one step back in this thread, wrote a right-on-the-Mark
> defense of the Mind.Forth AI project (thanks once again, JET), and
> just a few more points are in order.

> Gradually each module of Mind.Forth is being fully documented on
> its own Web page, centrally reachable either from the above URL or
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/acm.html "The Art of
> Computer Mindmaking" [ Ignoscet mihi genius Knuthi. ] Oops, there
> I go again, being obfuscatory:  May Knuth's spirit forgive me.

> Secondly, the main opportunity that people have with Mind.Forth
> is to actually run the AI and see how *it* -- not Forth -- works.
> No knowledge of Forth is necessary to run Mind.Forth AI.

> Thirdly, although it was totally impossible to gain any ground
> of getting a linguistic theory of mind accepted, the actual
> free, public-domain source code of Mind.Forth has a much better
> chance of spreading the *design* of the AI -- its architecture.

certainly ...  public access ai project based on internet is achievable
... especially if 'high level' originating design is sound ... and also
modularization of components ( and sub components ) such that team
development of sub components is feasible also is useful ... or
necessary ... however, major problem likely is 'interfacing' and
integration of project ... ( generally,  in 'real life',  requiring
very tight 'high level' specification under authority of project master
... )  also 'necessary',  rigid parsing of functionality among modules
...  ensuing chaos resulting from any loose high level organization may
tank project ... on the other hand ... even if project never coheres
... component development may live on as independently of value ...

 systems for programming in FORTH and other languages ( on common
computer systems ) are free - available for download ...
access is available at my internet site ...

 http://home.beseen.com/technology/ralphsilverman/

___Ralph Silverman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Learning symbolic logic from computer AI architecture

2. Architecture of a PD AI Robot

3. CFP-IJCAI '95 Workshop On Reflection and Metalevel Architecture and their Applications in AI

4. CFP-IJCAI '95 Workshop On Reflection and Metalevel Architecture and their Applications in AI

5. Symbolic Logic Problem Solving in Prolog

6. Workshop on Compilation of (Symbolic) Languages for Parallel Computers

7. Definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

8. definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

9. Workshop on Compilation of (Symbolic) Languages for Parallel Computers

10. Definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

11. definitions for symbolic and subsymbolic learning algorithms

12. A Growth/Learning Architecture...