euphoria... limitations/endorsements wanted
Author Message
 euphoria... limitations/endorsements wanted

Hello everyone,

I have just acquired the interpreted programming language called Euphoria
which looks like it is quite powerful and easy to get to grips with.
(I program in Natural by trade - so I like things easy!).

Before I invest more time than the cursory weekend of tinkering I
already have given this tool, would anyone care to favour me with some
personal experiences of limitations and/or favourite features.  Speed
of execution of the code is
not an overiding factor in the (mainly home based/hobbyist) programming I
am planning, so it doesn't lose any points on that score.  Any way, any
snippets of info would be gratefully received!

BTW Does this language have a mailing list?

Thanks in advance

Chris

--
/*----------------------------------------------------------------*\

|*                    C H R I S    B A R H A M                    *|
\*----------------------------------------------------------------*/

Sat, 20 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 euphoria... limitations/endorsements wanted

Quote:
Chris Barham writes:
> I have just acquired the interpreted programming language called
Euphoria
> which looks like it is quite powerful and easy to get to grips with.
> BTW Does this language have a mailing list?

Yes. Anyone who is interested in Euphoria programming should

He'll put you on his mailing list for
"EPIC" - Euphoria Programmers International Conference, an e-mail
publication he has recently started.

C.K. (Chris) Lester is an avid Euphoria programmer, who is not
connected with Rapid Deployment Software, but we fully support him.

We are very pleased with the response so far to Euphoria and we are
hard at work on a new release. The current release is 1.2 and
you can ftp it from Simtel (oak.oakland.edu) in the msdos misclang
directory, file name "EUPHOR12.ZIP". It's also on Compuserve, GEnie
America Online and lots of BBS's and CD-ROMs.

Regards,
   Rob Craig
   Rapid Deployment Software
   130 Holm Crescent
   Thornhill, Ontario
   L3T 5J3
   CANADA

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. EUPHORIA 1.2b Info Wanted

2. Endorsement of list comprehensions

3. Euphoria Tape...Try it with a Lover!

4. Euphoria language

5. EUPHORIA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

6. Euphoria Programming Language

7. euphor13.zip - Euphoria programming language v1.3

8. Euphoria user group

9. euphor12.zip - Euphoria Programming Language v1.2

10. Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benc hmark

11. Ruby vs. Python and Euphoria: sieve benchmark

12. Python v. Euphoria