ANN: guis 0.2 gtk widget server (with Lua)
Author Message
 ANN: guis 0.2 gtk widget server (with Lua)

Dear All,

It is my pleasure to announce the release 0.2 of the Guis Gtk2 widget
server.

Guis is a widget server, communicating with a single client
application thru pipes.

The requests from application to Guis are Lua commands.

FWIW, Lua is an easily embeddable scripting language - see
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The commands (from application to Guis) may build a Gtk graphical user
interface, using the gtk2 toolkit. see http://www.*-*-*.com/

The replies (from Guis to application) are simple XML nodes, or the
same nodes sent in a lispy S-expr simpler syntax. These nodes can be
artirarily built (names, attributes, contents are built by Lua code).

The lua glue code (in C) for GTK2 is machine generated (by a
CommonLisp script) from GTK API definition files borrowed from
python-gnome. So most of GTK API is interfaced to Guis.

Guis is an opensource personal project under the GPL license.

See http://www.*-*-*.com/
and download code from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

If this interests you, please email me remarks, patches, comments,
etc...

Guis may be of interest to many users of non-mainstream
(e.g. functional or logical) programming languages wanting to add a
Graphical User Interface to their program: they could just output Guis
request and parse Guis replies/events, which should be simpler than
interfacing directly the relevant calls of Gtk2 toolkit. This is why I
am announcing Guis also on comp.lang.misc & comp.lang.functional

Thanks to Aaron J Reichow for his initial comments.

Regards.

PS. beware of antispam device in my reply address.
--

Basile STARYNKEVITCH         http://www.*-*-*.com/
email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 06:57:53 GMT

1. ANN: guis 0.2 gtk widget server (with Lua)

2. ANN: GADFLY beta 0.2 with recovery and client/server

3. ANNOUNCE: Python-Gtk Version 0.2

4. ANN: managesieve 0.2

5. ANN: Coil 0.2 - an MVC framework

6. ANN: SQLObject 0.2

7. ANN: JinSitu 0.2 - Interactive introspection environment for Java and Jython

8. ANN: Pyrex 0.2 released

9. ANN: xdialog 0.2 released

10. ANN: HAP Python Remote Debugger 0.2 Released

11. ANN: jabberpy 0.2 released

12. ANN: Fractal Life Engine 0.2