Mind Forth on Mac
Author Message
 Mind Forth on Mac

Quote:
>Hello,

> As I can't get my A600 connected to the net, is there any way

Your A600 is the Amiga A600, right?  I wish we could get the native
Amiga Mind.Forth-28+ to you.  As an early author among what I hope
will be a growing, Unix BSD-style group of MF authors, I am in the
habit of immediately posting all new work on Amiga Mind.Forth as
mind4th.lha to the Amiga Gramma's BBS at U.S. Tel. 425-744-1254,
where right now the 17.Aug.1999 Amiga version is in "Applications."

Quote:
> I can get MindForth to run on a Macintosh version of Forth?

I tried long ago to code Mind.Forth in (I believe) Mac "pygmy" Forth,
but I lost access to my lady friend's Macintosh.  The IBM version of
http://www.*-*-*.com/
could probably easily be ported into any Macintosh Forth, and please,
be my guest -- any MacForther -- and please also stay in the public
domain.  And for the Mac (or other platforms), Mind.Forth does not
even have to remain in Forth; any language is fair game for a port.

Quote:
> BTW... I don't understand a word of Forth.  I'm just
> interested in trying this program out.

Thanks for the interest in "MF."  Sincerely, Arthur T. Murray
Quote:
> Thankyou.

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mind Forth on Mac

Quote:

> >Hello,

> > As I can't get my A600 connected to the net, is there any way

> Your A600 is the Amiga A600, right?  I wish we could get the native
> Amiga Mind.Forth-28+ to you.  As an early author among what I hope
> will be a growing, Unix BSD-style group of MF authors, I am in the
> habit of immediately posting all new work on Amiga Mind.Forth as
> mind4th.lha to the Amiga Gramma's BBS at U.S. Tel. 425-744-1254,
> where right now the 17.Aug.1999 Amiga version is in "Applications."

> > I can get MindForth to run on a Macintosh version of Forth?

> I tried long ago to code Mind.Forth in (I believe) Mac "pygmy" Forth,
> but I lost access to my lady friend's Macintosh.  The IBM version of
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mind-fpc.html Mind.Forth
> could probably easily be ported into any Macintosh Forth, and please,
> be my guest -- any MacForther -- and please also stay in the public
> domain.  And for the Mac (or other platforms), Mind.Forth does not
> even have to remain in Forth; any language is fair game for a port.

> > BTW... I don't understand a word of Forth.  I'm just
> > interested in trying this program out.

> Thanks for the interest in "MF."  Sincerely, Arthur T. Murray

> > Thankyou.

Hello, I don't understand a word of forth either but I'm still
passionated by both AI and prog... therefore I thought we try for a port
(in C++ would be much easier for me, but if anybody feels like Lisp
Prolog or whatever else, we can still think about it). Anybody
interested in joining the effort for a mac port ?

--
Dr Dave

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mind Forth on Mac

Quote:

>> >Hello,

>> > As I can't get my A600 connected to the net, is there any way

>> Your A600 is the Amiga A600, right?  I wish we could get the native
>> Amiga Mind.Forth-28+ to you.  As an early author among what I hope
>> will be a growing, Unix BSD-style group of MF authors, I am in the
>> habit of immediately posting all new work on Amiga Mind.Forth as
>> mind4th.lha to the Amiga Gramma's BBS at U.S. Tel. 425-744-1254,
>> where right now the 17.Aug.1999 Amiga version is in "Applications."

>> > I can get MindForth to run on a Macintosh version of Forth?

>> I tried long ago to code Mind.Forth in (I believe) Mac "pygmy" Forth,
>> but I lost access to my lady friend's Macintosh.  The IBM version of
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>> could probably easily be ported into any Macintosh Forth, and please,
>> be my guest -- any MacForther -- and please also stay in the public
>> domain.  And for the Mac (or other platforms), Mind.Forth does not
>> even have to remain in Forth; any language is fair game for a port.

>> > BTW... I don't understand a word of Forth.  I'm just
>> > interested in trying this program out.

>> Thanks for the interest in "MF."  Sincerely, Arthur T. Murray

>> > Thankyou.

>Hello, I don't understand a word of forth either but I'm still
>passionated by both AI and prog... therefore I thought we try for a port
>(in C++ would be much easier for me, but if anybody feels like Lisp
>Prolog or whatever else, we can still think about it). Anybody
>interested in joining the effort for a mac port ?

>--
>Dr Dave

It may be a good idea for anybody who gets involved to look at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .{*filter*}ia.edu/classes/551/primer.txt -- "A
Beginner's Guide to Forth" by Julian V. Noble, and to learn
enough Forth to understand the structure of Mind.Forth and
to maintain its "structured programming" hierarchy in the new
http://www.*-*-*.com/ #proglangs
programming language chosen by any individual to make a port in.

Whoever initiates a port in any particular language has the
opportunity to open a Web site and serve as the coordinator
of public domain AI efforts in the particular language along
the lines suggested by first Mind.rexx and then Mind.Forth.

Good luck!  I haven't been much of a programmer myself,
but I do believe that the Mind.Forth mind-model is valid. - ATM

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mind Forth on Mac

2. Mind.VB initial translation/port of Mind.Forth PD AI

3. Forget Mind.REXX; go with Mind.Forth

4. Forget Mind.REXX; go with Mind.Forth

5. Mind.Forth Is Dead. Long Live Mind.Forth!

6. Visible Applications in Forth (was Re: Realizing project in Forth with the Mac)

7. FORTH.MAC / PDP-11 FIG Forth Source

8. FORTH.MAC / PDP-11 FIG Forth Source

9. archives for comp.lang.forth and comp.lang.forth.mac

10. Porting Mind.Forth to APL

11. Porting Mind.Forth to Smalltalk

12. Porting Mind.Forth to Clipper