Help Needed:
Author Message
 Help Needed:

        I am using Qbasic, the one that comes with Microsoft DOS 5.00 for the
IBM PC. I have a problem in that the space allocated for strings is only
8000 bytes. In the old GWbasic I would have done a CLEAR xxx to free up xxx
amount of bytes. However Qbasic only has the ability to clear the stack using
CLEAR ,,xxx . Paramaters before the first two commas don't do a thing. Is there
a way to allocate more string space? I am using a two dimensional dynamic
string array. Help indicates that individual strings can be up to 32767 bytes
long but I can't even have a single string longer than the 8000 byte limit.
Help also says that a string array can be up to 64K in size. Is there any way
to over come this problem? Is the Qbasic (interpreter) just a sales pitch
that makes people need to buy the full Quick Basic (compiler) out of neccesity?
Has anyone else had this problem? How do I increase the amount of string space
from 8000 bytes?

Dale Long.

Sun, 19 Feb 1995 14:38:54 GMT

2. Help needed converting 2.1 for DOS files - Clarion Expert needed

3. Help !!!, Need a Clarion RDD, Please help

4. HELP: Need help with Ms-Dos batch lang..

5. COBOL HELP NEEDED, PLEASE HELP ME!

6. Help on help needed

7. Smalltalk help needed in Dallas.. immediate professional help needed...

8. Serious, VERY serious SmallTalk help needed in Dallas.. immediate professional help needed.

9. Smalltalk help needed in Dallas.. LOCAL professional help needed...

10. Smalltalk help needed in Dallas.. LOCAL Candidates ONLY immediate professional help needed...

11. Smalltalk help needed in Dallas.. LOCAL professional help needed...

12. Smalltalk help needed in Dallas.. LOCAL professional help needed...