where's a good functional language?
Author Message
 where's a good functional language?

        Can someone please tell me where i can find a public-domain small
functional language? A little interpeter written in C or Pascal would be ideal.
Preferably no bigger than a couple of hundred K of source code.

        The language should:

        be purely functional.
        have local definition (where or let) which allows mutual recursion.
        be lazy.
        preferably have pattern-matching and guards.
        preferably use consistent currying.

Right now I'm using a sort of normal-order lambda calculus with lispese syntax:
and it is TORTURE!! 8^)

        Many preemptive thanks to everyone for your responses!

                bert 8^)

Tue, 26 Oct 1993 17:17:48 GMT

1. where's a good functional language?

2. What is the best functional language

3. Are functional languages any good?

4. Why aren't functional languages mainstream?

5. IFL'99 international workshop on functional languages

6. Updating AST's in a functional language (was: 8-queens contest)

7. Implementation of Functional Languages '94

8. Updating AST's in a functional language (was: 8-queens contest)

9. survey replies: functional languages and GUI's

10. survey: functional languages and GUI's

11. non-functional syntax in a mostly functional language

12. Speed of FP languages, prospects (was Re: Benchmarking Lazy Functional Languages)