octal to ASCII representation
Author Message
 octal to ASCII representation

I have a question regarding the interpretation of octal codes.  I'm currently trying
to interface a device that spits out ASCII Octal (how this is different from regular
octal I do not know) to a device that only accepts ASCII messages.  The device uses
an SCCS (Switching Control Center System) interface and messages are sent via
an RS232 port down an output only 1200 baud asynchronous channel.  My question is,
will the receiving device interepret these octal codes as ASCII?

Tue, 03 Jun 1997 03:10:22 GMT

1. ASCII representation of data type reg

2. Newbie: converting character to ascii representation

3. Decimal Representation of an ASCII character

4. Ascii to Binary to Ascii

5. Ascii to Hex, Hex to Ascii convertion

6. ASCII to numbers and numbers to ASCII

7. Need converter program to translate ascii to ebcdic in mixes ascii/binary file

8. Ascii-records (with some comp fields) to plain Ascii-records

9. Octal data from a PDP11/70 :)

10. Winning language qualities (was: Octal numbers)

11. decimal to octal conversion

12. Octal Input