RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86
Author Message
 RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86

                  REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION

         Group Name:  comp.lang.asm.x86
                      the Intel 8086, 186, 286, etc . . .  processors and
                      its clones.

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) on the subject of
creating an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, comp.lang.asm.x86

CHARTER

The proposed unmoderated newsgroup comp.lang.asm.x86 will be
open to discussions on all topics related to assembly language
and low-level programming on IBM machines with '86 processors.
Appropriate topics would include, but not be limited to,

           Assembly language tips and tricks (code techniques)
           MASM, TASM, and other commercial assemblers
           Graphics, sound, and other hardware programming
           Assembly language code
           Assembly language related share/freeware
           Linking assembly language with other languages
           Etc . . .

Topics that are discouraged are:

           Flames about "{Language X} is {better/worse} than ASM"
           Flames like "{Assembler 1} is {better/worse} than {Assembler 2}"
           High-level language code, except when used for
               hardware programming

This is NOT a call for votes.  A Call For Votes (CFV) will be
posted about one month from now and will be conducted by an
independent third party.

The format for this RFD is taken from the RFD for comp.lang.m
(which I downloaded from the RFD in news.announce.newgroups)
and I thank Mr. Smith in advance for not protesting the use of
his RFD format, which he borrowed from somebody else anyway.

I already wrote a miniature preliminary FAQ.  Look for it in
the news.groups newsgroup.

--

Fri, 03 Jan 1997 00:46:44 GMT

1. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86

2. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86

3. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86.protected

4. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86

5. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86.numeric moderated

6. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86.protected

7. RFD: comp.lang.asm.x86

8. RFD: alt.lang.asm.68k, alt.lang.asm.x86, alt.lang

9. RFD: moderate comp.lang.asm.x86

10. RFD: moderate comp.lang.asm.x86

11. RFD: moderate comp.lang.asm.x86

12. alt.lang.asm vs. comp.lang.asm.x86