Exe Com
Author Message
 Exe Com

Mr Newbie here is looking for a way of generating Com and Exe Msdos files
for free using either a freeware compiler for Qbasic 1.1 or a freeware
assembler for 8086 machine code (or anything else you can think of)

Anyone out there know of such beasts. My uncompiled PCrobots programs await
with trepidation.

--
Kermit

Mon, 26 May 1997 23:02:35 GMT
 Exe Com

Quote:

> Mr Newbie here is looking for a way of generating Com and Exe Msdos files
> for free using either a freeware compiler for Qbasic 1.1 or a freeware
> assembler for 8086 machine code (or anything else you can think of)

> Anyone out there know of such beasts. My uncompiled PCrobots programs await
> with trepidation.

You can do it using DEBUG. See the Waite Group's book, "Assembly Language
Primer" for a discussion of using DEBUG to assemble .com files.

Alternatively you can use a PD Forth metacompiler like TCOM (for F-PC)
to generate standalone programs.

--jvn
--
Julian V. Noble

Tue, 27 May 1997 07:30:54 GMT

1. exe/com files linking/combining

2. Urgent : Calling a DOS executable (.exe \ .com) from a TSR

3. NASM compile problem (obj-exe-com)

4. .exe/.com/.dll/.sys - sdk's?

5. exe / com decompressor

6. Urgent : Calling a DOS executable (.exe \ .com) from a TSR

7. .exe / .com to floppy image

8. Making EXE/COM files from RM-Cobol

9. com and exe ?

10. .COM files or .EXE?

11. W2000 cmd.exe, command.com, and autoexec.nt

12. location of command.com/cmd.exe