Domain Languages
Author Message
 Domain Languages

I am currently attempting to do a survey of domain-oriented languages; ie
languages that have a prescribed, and/or de facto, *meaning* within some
particular domain and which, therefore, facilitate the communication and/or
representation of *information* within that domain.  It should be possible,
too, to reason about the domain by reasoning in/about the language.

I would include circuit diagrams and music notation, since they permit
(formal) reasoning about electrical circuits and music respectively.  I
would not include painting; it might be a representation which conveys
information, but it doesn't permit formal *reasoning*.

These languages could be based on linguistics, mathematics, diagrams etc.

If you know of, or if you use, any ideas on such languages then I'd like to
hear from you.  I've tried looking up "representation", "notation" and
"language" in our library catalogue but without much success.

BTW, if this isn't an appropriate newsgroup to post this message, then
please don't flame me, just tell me which is :-)

    Tim Bull

    Computer Science
    University of Durham
    England

Fri, 30 May 1997 22:33:44 GMT

1. Eiffel as a public domain language

2. Domain Languages - Survey Results

3. Public Domain Languages

4. Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL) - Call for Papersj

5. USENIX Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL)

6. Hotel Discount Deadline 9/22 - USENIX Conf on Domain-Specific Languages

7. Hotel Deadline Sept 22 - USENIX Conf on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL)

8. USENIX Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL) - Conf Program

9. USENIX Conf on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL) - Conference Program

10. Papers due 6/13 - Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL)

11. Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL) - Call for Papers

12. Conference on Domain-Specific Languages (DSL) - Call for Papers