prefs.js question
Author Message
 prefs.js question

I am trying to locate the equivalent of prefs.js to set up
java/javascript preferences for my communicator on a Mac. There is no
prefs.js on a Mac for the Communicator. What is the name  the equivalent
file?

I would appreciate any useful replies.

thanks in advance,
    Liviu

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 prefs.js question

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:54:56 -0400, Liviu Chiriac

Quote:

>I am trying to locate the equivalent of prefs.js to set up
>java/javascript preferences for my communicator on a Mac. There is no
>prefs.js on a Mac for the Communicator. What is the name  the equivalent
>file?

>I would appreciate any useful replies.

>thanks in advance,
>    Liviu

On Macintosh, System Folder:Preferences:Netscape f: (where the last f
is a special script f character)

beats the hell out of me what this means (a windows guy myself) but
that is according to the Netscape Docs concerning Signing.

jason olmsted

http://www.phat-media.com/olm/

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 prefs.js question

Quote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:54:56 -0400, Liviu Chiriac

> >I am trying to locate the equivalent of prefs.js to set up
> >java/javascript preferences for my communicator on a Mac. There is no
> >prefs.js on a Mac for the Communicator. What is the name  the equivalent
> >file?

> >I would appreciate any useful replies.

> >thanks in advance,
> >    Liviu

> On Macintosh, System Folder:Preferences:Netscape f: (where the last f
> is a special script f character)

> beats the hell out of me what this means (a windows guy myself) but
> that is according to the Netscape Docs concerning Signing.

but how can one edit those preferences? I am trying to add user_pref()
lines to customize it to allow unsigned applets (for developement
purposes). On Win'95 that is done by just editing prefs.js...

Liviu

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 prefs.js question

Quote:

>but how can one edit those preferences? I am trying to add user_pref()
>lines to customize it to allow unsigned applets (for developement
>purposes). On Win'95 that is done by just editing prefs.js...

        On Miscrosoft operating systems, preference files are often
text files that the user can edit manually. On the Mac, however, preference
files are usually resource files that can only be edited by launching
the program and bringing up the Preferences dialog.

--

                -- <http://www.geocities.com/~karlvonl/> --
     No one is going to change their web browsing habits, nor their web

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 prefs.js question

I believe they are in the data fork of the preferences file. Open the prefs
file with BBEdit, etc and you should be able to see them.....

Quote:

--
Mike Pinkerton
Mac Browser Weenie

http://people.netscape.com/pinkerton

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 prefs.js question

Thanks, Mike!

I managed to read the Netscape Preferences file with BBEdit lite (after
downloading it) and it showed me all the user_pref() statements in the
Data fork. Then I was able to add my own line for testing...

user_pref("signed.applets.codebase_principal_support",true);

thanks again...
     Liviu

Quote:
> I believe they are in the data fork of the preferences file. Open the prefs
> file with BBEdit, etc and you should be able to see them.....

> > lines to customize it to allow unsigned applets (for developement
> > purposes). On Win'95 that is done by just editing prefs.js...

> > Liviu

> --
> Mike Pinkerton
> Mac Browser Weenie

> http://people.netscape.com/pinkerton

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. Win2K/JS/TCL/Apache Question: Max Textarea Value Size

4. RBConfigurableFormatter user prefs not initialized in SP3

5. OSX and that Prefs MenuItem!

6. Saving/reading checkbox states in prefs causes type mismatch

7. ListBox Prefs

8. OS X Prefs File - How to create

9. save prefs( colors )

10. Creating prefs pane

11. RubyGarden Poll -- setting prefs.

12. Live update of prefs for Tkinter applications?