Vienna Definition Language
Author Message
 Vienna Definition Language

HI..
I'm desparate for information on the Vienna Definition Language, which
was used to define PL/1, kind of like how the Cobol Meta language was
used to define Cobol (and others).

If anyone here has any information on it, or knows of a good resource for

our library seems to have a dearth on the subject.

also,
i've found some web pages on the Vienna Developemtn Method, but can't
seem to find out if this relates to the VDL.
Thanks...

Jennifer Akemi.

Sun, 12 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Vienna Definition Language

Quote:
> HI..
> I'm desparate for information on the Vienna Definition Language,

"http://www.ifad.dk/vdm/vdm.html" contains a lot of information on VDM,
including links to locations of the standard for VDM-SL (postscript for
the quite large [draft?] ISO standard); that appears to be the official
name for the language.

   *   wonder everyday   *   nothing in particular   *   all is special   *

Mon, 13 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Vienna Definition Language

        >I'm desparate for information on the Vienna Definition Language, which
        >was used to define PL/1, kind of like how the Cobol Meta language was
        >used to define Cobol (and others).

        >If anyone here has any information on it, or knows of a good resource for

        >our library seems to have a dearth on the subject.

        >also,
        >i've found some web pages on the Vienna Developemtn Method, but can't
        >seem to find out if this relates to the VDL.
        >Thanks...

---Have you seen the ANSI standard, Programming Language PL/I,
X3.53-1976?

Fri, 01 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. E-mail _can_ work for language definition

2. command language definition

3. use definition for DLL / OCX from other language

4. Eiffel: Language Definition

5. Suggested language change wrt end comments for class/routine definitions

6. language definition versus library

7. Definition needed for pure declarative programming language

8. Logo language definition

9. Self-Definition of Languages

10. Second draft of PKL (Palaste's Keywordless Language) definition

11. Firewall Policy definition language?

12. Workshop on Interface Definition Languages (reminder)