Most Popular Programming languages
Author Message
 Most Popular Programming languages

What are the most popular programming languages.
Thanks,
Aidan

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:28:16 GMT
 Most Popular Programming languages

Quote:

>What are the most popular programming languages.

Probably C, C++, Perl, VisualBASIC, Java, JavaScript (if that counts)?

-- Mark

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:42:44 GMT
 Most Popular Programming languages
Hmmm... I suppose there are a lot of lines of COBOL still in use too. (-:

-- Mark

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:45:19 GMT
 Most Popular Programming languages

Quote:

>> What are the most popular programming languages.

Mark> Probably C, C++, Perl, VisualBASIC, Java, JavaScript (if that
Mark> counts)?

Um, probably COBOL, PL/1, RPG, JCL, fortran, based on sheer quantity
of code out there running...

"Most popular" is an entirely inadequate metric, as you need to be a
bit more specific about what sort of popularity you're talking about
:-).
--

http://vip.hyperusa.com/~cbbrowne/languages.html
What should you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:40:41 GMT
 Most Popular Programming languages

 >>> What are the most popular programming languages.

 Mark> Probably C, C++, Perl, VisualBASIC, Java, JavaScript (if that counts)?

 cbbrowne> Um, probably COBOL, PL/1, RPG, JCL, FORTRAN, based on sheer
 cbbrowne> quantity of code out there running...

And don't forget Assembler (most likely 360 or 370 or x86, heh!).

--

University of Tampere, Department of Computer and Information Sciences
Tampere, Finland                                      http://www.cs.uta.fi/~av/

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 19:55:09 GMT

1. Most popular programming language

2. most popular language?

3. WANTED: BNF descriptions of popular Languages

4. most popular unix scripting language

5. What makes a language popular?

6. most popular unix scripting language

7. Ruby 10'th most popular ICFP contest language

8. Ada -- a popular language?

9. most popular unix scripting language

10. Method renaming (was Re: most popular language?)

11. A Language Primer required for A Programming Language

12. Use a new language: Structured Programming Language