html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW
Author Message
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Congratulations to CMU for their excellent job of putting Guy Steele's
Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition on-line in WWW html format!

If you haven't tried it, you should.  It's very nice.  URL =

http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

(Now if CMU and/or the internet would be less loaded...)

Henry Baker
Read (192.100.81.1) ftp.netcom.com:/pub/hb/hbaker/README for ftp-able papers.
WWW archive: ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hb/hbaker/home.html
************* Note change of address ^^^        ^^^^
(It _is_ accessible, but Netcom is loaded; keep trying.)

Tue, 27 May 1997 01:02:57 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Quote:
>Congratulations to CMU for their excellent job of putting Guy Steele's
>Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition on-line in WWW html format!
>If you haven't tried it, you should.  It's very nice.  URL =
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

So, finally, someone the stinking (format) spec on-line.

What a mess, I think I'll use printf anyway.

--

Lance Norskog

Artisputtingtogether. Art  s th ow n  aw y.

Tue, 27 May 1997 11:21:11 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Quote:
>Congratulations to CMU for their excellent job of putting Guy Steele's
>Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition on-line in WWW html format!
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

                I downloaded the '.dvi' version, and found
        it to contain errors.  From what I could make out,
        symbols such as the backquote were missing....

                This leads up to a question of mine: could
        this problem be simply a result of my local printer
        not being able to print out the missing characters?
        Other characters that one would believe would be
        more complicated to print do print out, so the printer
        I use shouldn't have any difficulties with the backquote.

                        Sanjay
--
TAXIPINBOTDINERADDAMSFAMILYROADSHOWF-14TOMCATSTARTREK:TNGWORLDCUPSOCCERFREDDYST

ABNIPREKAHSHTRAESESORNSNUGENOLCYCYMMOTNAMNOITILOMEDENACIRRUHRETAWETIHW!ERIFSRAW

Wed, 28 May 1997 03:46:22 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Quote:
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

> (Now if CMU and/or the internet would be less loaded...)

Is this thing packed for FTP somewhere so that we can put it in our
local WWW server?

Thanks,

--
F.D. Mato Mira           http://ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html

EPFL                     FAX: +41 (21) 693-5328

Tue, 27 May 1997 22:54:25 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp,comp.lang.lisp.x,comp.lang.scheme,comp.lang.misc

   >Congratulations to CMU for their excellent job of putting Guy Steele's
   >Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition on-line in WWW html format!

   >If you haven't tried it, you should.  It's very nice.  URL =

   >http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

   So, finally, someone the stinking (format) spec on-line.

   What a mess, I think I'll use printf anyway.

I don't see the problem. 'printf' is a *subset* of 'format'. Once you
get the hang of it anything you do with 'printf' can be done with
'format'.... Only better :) Besides, you do not have 'printf' in any
interesting and useful language :) :)

'(Happy Lisping)
--
Marco Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab            | room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
                                Bertholdt Brecht

Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:18 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Quote:
>Do you happen to know what tools they used to translate from
>TeX to html (or perhaps have a contact at CMU)?

I used latex2html to translate it, and then spent two weeks fixing all
the bugs (there were plenty).

Quote:
>I'd like to be able to translate CLtL into other hypertext formats,
>and if someone already has tools that may be of help that would
>be extremely useful.

You'd be better off working from the html version.

--mark

Sat, 31 May 1997 04:57:28 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

Quote:
>Is this thing packed for FTP somewhere so that we can put it in our
>local WWW server?

I am generally willing to make copies available, provided that you
give me the URL where it will be available for inclusion on the page

Mark Kantrowitz

Sat, 31 May 1997 05:01:18 GMT
 html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

  Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 17:02:57 GMT

  Congratulations to CMU for their excellent job of putting Guy Steele's
  Common Lisp, the Language, 2nd Edition on-line in WWW html format!

  If you haven't tried it, you should.  It's very nice.  URL =

  http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/Web/Groups/AI/html/cltl/cltl2.html

  (Now if CMU and/or the internet would be less loaded...)

Do you happen to know what tools they used to translate from
TeX to html (or perhaps have a contact at CMU)?

I'd like to be able to translate CLtL into other hypertext formats,
and if someone already has tools that may be of help that would
be extremely useful.

Fri, 30 May 1997 11:45:14 GMT

1. html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

2. html hypertext version of Common Lisp Book on WWW

3. What I want from my Common Lisp vendor and the Common Lisp community

4. lucid common lisp -- C -- Common lisp intercallability

5. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp - the Summary

6. Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp vs Allegro (Franz) Common Lisp

7. Sun Common Lisp vs. Allegro Common Lisp

8. PDC WWW URL: http://www.pdc.dk/pdc/html/pdc_info.htm

9. No cost version of CLOS (Common LISP Object System) for Windows

10. No cost version of CLOS (Common LISP Object System) for Windows