D language?
Author Message
 D language?

Has anyone heard of the D language? If so could you point me in its general
direction. That is ftp site, newsgroup, www site, etc, etc.

I've heard a little about it and would like to learn more.

Sun, 15 Jun 1997 01:44:02 GMT
 D language?
NEVERMIND -- I found out that someone was pulling my leg!
Sheepishly hiding head.

Mike Zemina writes
;
;I've heard a little about it and would like to learn more.
;

Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:20:47 GMT
 D language?

:
: Mike Zemina writes
: ;Has anyone heard of the D language? If so could you point me in its general
: ;direction. That is ftp site, newsgroup, www site, etc, etc.
: ;
: ;I've heard a little about it and would like to learn more.
: ;

:
: NEVERMIND -- I found out that someone was pulling my leg!
: Sheepishly hiding head.
:
Hm, I don't know what they told you, but there actually are *two* languages
named D.

I've heard a little bit about them, and would like to learn more!

1) A 4GL language for MS-DOS.

2) A Haskell-like language.

--
--Bill Kinnersley

226 Transfer complete.

Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:16:29 GMT
 D language?

Quote:

>:
>: Mike Zemina writes
>: ;Has anyone heard of the D language? If so could you point me in its general
>: ;direction. That is ftp site, newsgroup, www site, etc, etc.
>: ;
>: ;I've heard a little about it and would like to learn more.
>: ;

>:
>: NEVERMIND -- I found out that someone was pulling my leg!
>: Sheepishly hiding head.
>:
>Hm, I don't know what they told you, but there actually are *two* languages
>named D.
>I've heard a little bit about them, and would like to learn more!
>1) A 4GL language for MS-DOS.
>2) A Haskell-like language.

D is also the name of the scripting language in the Teleuse Motif GUI
builder.  See the comp.windows.x.motif FAQ for a pointer to Teleuse.

Quote:
>--
>--Bill Kinnersley

>226 Transfer complete.

* Scott Raney  303-447-3936            Remember: the better you look, *

Thu, 19 Jun 1997 05:38:00 GMT
 D language?
|> Has anyone heard of the D language? If so could you point me in its general
|> direction. That is ftp site, newsgroup, www site, etc, etc.

Probably, someone has evaluated the expression C++ ?

Sat, 21 Jun 1997 20:11:36 GMT
 D language?

: |> Has anyone heard of the D language? If so could you point me in its general
: |> direction. That is ftp site, newsgroup, www site, etc, etc.

: Probably, someone has evaluated the expression C++ ?

and got the wrong value?  Or was the expression C='C', C++?

By the way Stan Kelly Bootle discoursed on this topic in UNIX review
a couple of years ago... erudite but funny.

So what comes after C++, circa 1995+11?

--

Disclaimer::=`CSUSB may or may not agree with this message`.
Copyright(1994)::=`Copy as long as you include this copyright and signature`.

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:27:51 GMT
 D language?
[Wolfgang Gellerich]

|   Probably, someone has evaluated the expression C++ ?

if you evaluate C++, you still get C, but C gets better.

#<Erik>
--
guvf vf abg n synzr

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 21:57:09 GMT
 D language?

Quote:
>[Wolfgang Gellerich]

>|   Probably, someone has evaluated the expression C++ ?

>if you evaluate C++, you still get C, but C gets better.

No no, C gets BIGGER.

Quote:

>#<Erik>
>--
>guvf vf abg n synzr

Oh, likewise, I'm sure.

Adam

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 10:01:01 GMT
 D language?
[Erik Naggum]

|   if you evaluate C++, you still get C, but C gets better.

[Adam Kao]

|   No no, C gets BIGGER.

yes, I agree.  I was being much too generous.  mea culpa, etc.

#<Erik>
--
if you evaluate C++, you still get C, but C gets bigger

Sat, 28 Jun 1997 15:53:17 GMT

1. ds ds

2. Call NetExpress/DS DLL from other language

3. Seek examples of BFS or DFS and implementation of tree DS

4. Is DS capable of writing business applications fast?

5. TGen for DS 4.01

6. DC and DS in load modules?

7. Why 'DS 0H'? (was Re

8. DS: Clarion & CGI