A NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Author Message
 A NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Hi

Sorry for the caps in the subject line but one has to advertise somehow :)
I've been writing a new programming language recently called Loor and I
have now placed version 0.2 onto a number of ftp sites.

Loor is a procedural language with fairly standard OO extensions including
multiple inheritance and polymorphism etc. It also has simple list
processing facilities and all the usual programming language things you
would expect such as I/O etc.

Its syntax looks somewhat like a cross between C++, Tcl, Perl and BASIC
so its a bit of a mongrel :) I'm not intending it to be a replacement for
any other language , its simply a fun project for me personally.

Currently its only being developed for the Unix platform and is written
entirely in C. Unix version its been tested on so far are Linux 2.0 & 2.2,
Solaris and Irix. There is a known problem with FreeBSD however.

It comes with a few example programs including an online talk server
and lots of test programs I used during development which may or may not
be some use to you.

If you wish to download it it is available at the following ftp sites:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/languages/loor/loor020.tgz

ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/unix/loor/loor020.tgz

ftp://pawprint.cqm.co.uk/pub/unix/loor/loor020.tgz

NJR

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Information about new technology with new programming language .

2. PLAIN ENGLISH, new programming language

3. PLAIN ENGLISH, new programming language

4. New programming language - Loor

5. Drainpipe (New Programming Language)--HELP WANTED

6. New Programming Language Dictionary

7. SCRIPTIC: new programming language

8. New Programming Languages and "C Envy"

9. NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE: SPL, an alternative to PASCAL and C.

10. Announcing new programming language OOUL

11. About new programming language LUX

12. Announcing new programming language OOUL