VB Compiler
Author Message
 VB Compiler

Does anyone know where you can get a free Visual Basic 5.0 compiler.
Thanks,
Aidan

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 04:43:43 GMT
 VB Compiler
Quote:

> Does anyone know where you can get a free Visual Basic 5.0 compiler.

You can't.
VB is not a language, VB is a product.  As such, the corresponding
language is tied to the product and Microsoft.

At least currently.  I have heard a GNU VB is being worked on ...

--

Your business will go through a period of considerable expansion.

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:41:18 GMT
 VB Compiler
GNU VB?

Are you talking about XBasic?

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:09:31 GMT
 VB Compiler
Check out microsoft's site. They offer a 'Control Creation' edition of VB 5
for free somewhere in their labrynth. It does not compile programs
though.(Just ActiveX controls...)

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:11:53 GMT
 VB Compiler

Quote:

> > Does anyone know where you can get a free Visual Basic 5.0 compiler.
> You can't.
> VB is not a language, VB is a product.  As such, the corresponding
> language is tied to the product and Microsoft.

There are some VB-like things out there: see
  http://burks.bton.ac.uk/burks/language/other/

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk

Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:37:16 GMT

1. DOS compiler VERY similar to VB 6 ?

2. fortran->VB.NET compiler

3. Clearwin vs GINO vs Winteracter vs VB was: Fortran Conversion to MicroSoft VB

4. call vb dll (will pop up vb form) form python

5. Compiler warning suggestion, Smalltalk compiler in 5.0?

6. Compiler error (or maybe compiler problem?!)

7. Marcel's compiler /was Forth compiler technology

8. (none)Compiler-Compiler

9. Compiler Compilers

10. compiler for Sun 4's (compiler.com)

11. Mikro Focus Cobol Compiler 3.0/ Personal Cobol Compiler 2.0

12. wher can i download a cobol compiler (who can post the compiler in the newsgroup