Reference for Object Oriented programming
Author Message
 Reference for Object Oriented programming

       I'm looking for a concise  object oriented programming
       reference that emphasize concepts and is not too
       close to any language.

       Most of the books that I saw on this topic describe a
       particular language without giving language-independent
       overview of the concepts.

                                            ..Uday

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 19:21:00 GMT
 Reference for Object Oriented programming

Quote:
>       I'm looking for a concise  object oriented programming
>       reference that emphasize concepts and is not too
>       close to any language.

I have been very impressed by Bertrand Meyer's _Object_Oriented_
Software_Contruction_.  Any book that gets into some detail
needs a language in which to express examples.  This one uses
Eiffel, but I have not found this a problem even though I'm
currently learning C++.  I use Dr. Meyer's book for concepts and
C++ books for language details.

John Hardin

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 18:42:00 GMT

1. Reference for Object Oriented Programming

2. Object-Oriented Programming in Prolog References

3. ANNOUNCEMENT: Object-Oriented Systems - new object-oriented journal

4. ANNOUNCEMENT: Object-Oriented Systems - new object-oriented journal

5. Request for references on Object Oriented Languages.

6. More Object-Oriented Metrics References

7. general object oriented reference

8. Request for references on Object Oriented Languages.

9. general object oriented reference

10. More Object-Oriented Metrics References

11. references for object oriented design

12. Q: References to Object Oriented Lisp?