Programming Language Course Text Request
Author Message
 Programming Language Course Text Request

I would like recomendations for a programming languages course.  As I see the
course I would like to spend about 1/3 of the course implementing a small
language, about 1/3 looking at 'different' languages (not Pascal, fortran,
modula II, C, basic, Cobol or assembler) like lisp, prolog, snobol, etc. and
about 1/3 trying to abstract principles of programming languages.  Most
students have worked with Pascal, Modula-2, assembler and probably 1 other
language, have had Data Structures and Machine organization and Assembley
language courese.

I would like possible text to cover at least 2/3s of the course and any other
comments on experiences on this type of course.  I will summarize if there is
sufficient interest.  johnh...
UUCP: ihnp4!wheaton!johnh                    telephone: (312) 260-3871 (office)
Mail: John Hayward Math/Computer Science Dept. Wheaton College Wheaton Il 60187
       Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8b

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 11:01:00 GMT

1. Functional Programming Course -- Information Request

2. Textbook Recommendation Needed For Course on Programming Languages

3. Programming Language for Undergrad Intro CS Course?

4. Course on Programming Language Concepts

5. my course notes on Concepts of ObjeOriented Programming Languages

6. Survey of Programming languages course

7. Programming Language for Undergrad Intro CS Course?

8. programming languages course

9. UMBC Short Course on OO Programming Languages and Systems

10. UMBC Short Course on OO Programming Languages and Systems

11. Education Services'Course Schedule for Programming Courses

12. Request for info: Actor programming language.