Harlequin Is Back!
Author Message
 Harlequin Is Back!

Quote:

>* Rainer Joswig
>|
>| How about interfacing to ugly things like MFC?

>* Chris Double
>|
>| The windows version of python manages this if I remember correctly.

>You do remember correctly. This is one of the things I like the most
>about Python, compared to languages like Java and Common Lisp: it
>interfaces to everything, including, but not limited to, CORBA, COM,
>Gtk, ActiveX, MFC, XML-RPC, XML, most IETF network protocols, SGML,
>Java, C/C++, Qt, ASP, Apache, tcl and Perl (through Minotaur) and even
>things like IRIX-specific audio interfaces.

>Most languages can do this, but the ease with which you can do it in
>Python impresses me and makes it a very attractive glue language.

>| My hat is off too them for managing it!

>Mine as well. :)

>--Lars M.

Lars is right (as usual).  Actually, compared to *any-
thing*, Python seems to arrive first on the interfacing
scene.  This is interesting; Tcl and Lua emphasize ease
of embedding and extensibility in their design, and Perl
has hordes of interfacing worker bees, but a consistent
pattern emerges that Python does at least as well as any
other language in achieving connection to the latest
toolkits-protocols-...  It's an interesting story, even
though I don't yet understand it.
--

Cameron Laird           http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~claird/home.html

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Harlequin Is Back!

2. Harlequin Is Back!

3. HARLEQUIN RELEASES ITS HARLEQUIN COMMON LISP ORB

4. I am back!

5. Hi everyone I am back.

6. I am back!

7. I am back with a question!

8. I am back with another PythonCOM Question....!

9. Delaying back-to-back-reports

10. back to back text are visible from one side

11. WUARCHIVE is partially back, the PAL seems to be fully back

12. WUARCHIVE is partially back, the PAL seems to be fully back