Open Source software study
Author Message
 Open Source software study

Quote:
> A couple of months ago, there was a thread about the
> economics of Open Source software, (eg., Linux, etc.)
> There is a new study on Open Source, done by the
> University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, at:
>   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thank you, Dr/Prof/Mr John Conover, for the fascinating link.
(I captured the 42K file and saved it to disk for reference.)

Linus Torvalds was fortunate to be creating an operating system.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mentifex/ Project Mentifex ("open source" AI)
suffers from being a multi-platform project in the terra incognita
of how to mimic the human brain-mind with hardware and software.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ +
of Mind.Forth PD AI is an attempt to do all over again for AI what
Linus Torvalds did in 1992 for operating systems a la Unix and NT.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ #proglangs
is a list not of operating systems but of programming languages
for volunteers to pick and choose their favorite tool in which
to rewrite the now barely functional Mind.Forth and do it better.

"We have the technology" -- said the old "Six Million Dollar Man"
television program.  For public domain AI, people don't even grant
that maybe Mind.Forth has something there, a beginning, an idea --
maybe just something for people to react against and say, "Wrong!"
(And then those what the Germans call "Besserwisser" may fix it.)

Quote:
>   John
> --
> John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
> VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602, whois '!JC154'

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. open source software issues

2. Ericsson releases Open Source Robust Web Site Software

3. commerce, fp, Open Source Software(tm) (was: Re: Functional , compilers in the mainstream)

4. Algol 68 on Linux -- Open Source software

5. Results of Sunworld Survey on Open Source Software

6. Open Source Design Competition - Software Carpentry

7. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE CONVENTION, AUGUST 21-24, MONTEREY, CA

8. M2Amiga released as Open Source Software

9. O'Reilly Open Source Software Convention

10. Your opinion on Open Source Accounting software