Why Object-Oriented JavaScript is ideal for GOFAI
Author Message
 Why Object-Oriented JavaScript is ideal for GOFAI

Quote:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> 1.  Millions of Netizens already possess a JavaScript
> interpreter built into their Web browser, so there is
> no need to download BOTH a language such as Forth AND
> an AI source file such as the Mind.Forth available at
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ (q.v.).

Mentifex/ATM:
And the artificial mind (use "View Source" on the underlying
structure of the code) already has the built-in capability
of hosting a polyglot collection of several natural languages.
Quote:

> 2.  The built-in security of JavaScript, which prevents
> a clicked-on program from installing anything more
> malicious/odious/nuisance-like than a 4096-byte "cookie"
> on the sacrosanct computer of the innocent user,
> renders JavaScript AI a safe, trustable method of
> spreading the memes of AI without endangering
> either individual users or the world at large, although
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~phoenix/vinge/vinge-sing.html
> has Vinge's dire warnings about Technological Singularity.

ATM:
If Technological Singularity is inevitable, as Vinge argues,
let us nevertheless approach the future openly with all our
AI source code in the public domain so as to constitute an
economic "Prosperity Engine" that no corporation can "own."
Quote:

> 3.  The educational value of a JavaScript AI is priceless,
> because knowledge of an OO language is good in general, and
> because knowledge of JavaScript is a "hotshot" job skill
> both for teaching technology and for $$$ Web design:  MMF!

ATM:
Public domain browser-based artificial intelligence (PD BB AI)
is so important that all teaching, books and curricula about
HTML and Web-scripting must also teach the PD BB AI de rigueur.
Quote:

> 4.  The infinite tweakability of the artificial mind
> enshrined as a Psi Object Model within the JavaScript
> Document Object Model (DOM) described on-line at
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> guarantees a veritable pre-Cambrian memetic explosion
> of novel PD JS AI alife forms, mutations and variants
> in fulfilment of the Heuristically Algorithmic (HAL)
> promise of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

ATM:
Also see Kubrick's posthumous "A.I." movie coming out soon.

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/ Creating Standards & Coding AI;
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:57:48 GMT

1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Object-Oriented Systems - new object-oriented journal

2. ANNOUNCEMENT: Object-Oriented Systems - new object-oriented journal

3. Why isn't Math object-oriented?

4. Why so many Object-oriented TclTk implementations?

5. Compare object-oriented and function-oriented ....

6. Action-oriented vs Object-oriented

7. What's so ideal about Ideal?

8. Object Structures - Building Object-Oriented Software Components with Eiffel- By Jacob Gore

9. The use of the Factory Paragraph versus Class-Object in Object Oriented (OO) COBOL

10. Java slower than JavaScript - Why ?

11. Why object.__getattribute__ and not object.__getattr__ ?

12. why why why oh why why baby