Rich Text Format
Author Message
 Rich Text Format

  I am currently in the middle of a project that is requiring me to
know about RTF (Rich Text Format) than I ever wanted to know.  RTF
is a format that many of the popular word processors can read/write.

  What I'm wondering is whether there's somewhere on the Internet I
can grab an info file that will explain RTF.  If not, does someone
know of a good book on the subject?

  I'm also wondering if this is the correct place to be posting this since
RTF is not (strictly speaking) a programming language.  If not, would someone be
willing to point me in a more appropriate direction?

Thanks,
  Bryon

Sun, 09 Feb 1997 07:49:40 GMT
 Rich Text Format

Quote:
>     I am currently in the middle of a project that is requiring me to
>   know about RTF (Rich Text Format) than I ever wanted to know.  RTF
>   is a format that many of the popular word processors can read/write.>

>     What I'm wondering is whether there's somewhere on the Internet I
>   can grab an info file that will explain RTF.  If not, does someone
>   know of a good book on the subject?

I think that the definitive documentation is on one of the Microsoft
Developer CDs...  If you mail me I can get the exact details for you
and (if it is legal) send you the document (about 70 pages).  You might
also look at an rtf reader which is at:

  ftp.primate.wisc.edu
  directory: pub/rtf

One of the guys where I work has managed to use this reader to turn rtf
files into a readable format :-)

 >    I'm also wondering if this is the correct place to be posting this since
  > RTF is not (strictly speaking) a programming language.  If not, would someone be

Quote:
>   willing to point me in a more appropriate direction?

 >  Thanks,
  >   Bryon

It's sort of a language...  I think that in the microsoft docs they use
BNF to specify the syntax.  Just be thankful that rtf doesn't include
control and looping constructs (yet).

Cheers,
Andrew

--
"Love your neighbour as yourself"  |   Andrew McVeigh
        Jesus Christ               +-----------------

Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:01:44 GMT

1. RTF (Rich Text Format) driver or library

2. Reports in RTF (Rich Text Format)

3. Rich Text Format and Clarion Reports

4. Rich Text Format OCX

5. CARET and Rich Text Format

6. RTF - Rich Text Format

7. Rich Text Format

8. Rich Text Format display in TK?

9. does tk/tcl support Rich Text Format?

10. RTF (Rich Text Format) Repooooort!!! need...

11. Paste rich text from Word, RTF Parser

12. Rich Text Editing/Printing