Text file to mainframe
Author Message
 Text file to mainframe

This is my first adventure with mainframe.

I have some data that needs to be sent to mainframe. This data needs
to be in a specific format ( for eg. a letter). When I create a text
file in that format and send it to the mainframe, will my formatting
be preserved?

I understand that "1" refers to a page break in mainframe. So I have
made sure that the text file has a "1" wherever a pagebreak is needed.
I have to create the textfile with C#. When I use "\r\n" for carriage
return and line feed will it be preserved?

Thankyou

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:44:25 GMT

1. Best windows text editor for mainframe fortran

2. Deleting text in text file

3. Email text body from text file?

4. How do I read lines of Text from Text File and add them to Array

5. Write 2D Text Array in a text file

6. Inserting a string of text into a text file

7. parsing a long text file for specific text

8. text file and text box script

9. inserting text into a text file

10. Mainframe Print Files - on a PC?

11. Mainframe files and Clarion for DOS