looking for BABBAGE
Author Message
 looking for BABBAGE

A couple of years ago I saw a paper on the programming language
BABBAGE, named after "the first programmer to slip schedule and
go over budget" (or something like that).  It contained such
interesting elements as the conditional threat statement, OR ELSE.
Unfortunately I don't have this paper anymore.  Does someone know
where I could find it?

--
Tilman Schmidt                              Phone:  +49 221 8299 275
Sema Group Deutschland GmbH                 Fax:    +49 221 8299 266

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:50:10 GMT
 looking for BABBAGE
 > A couple of years ago I saw a paper on the programming language
 > BABBAGE, named after "the first programmer to slip schedule and
 > go over budget" (or something like that).  It contained such
 > interesting elements as the conditional threat statement, OR ELSE.
 > Unfortunately I don't have this paper anymore.  Does someone know
 > where I could find it?

It was in a Datamation issue from the 1978-1981 timeframe I think.
If I remember well: it was an October issue.
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj  amsterdam, nederland, +31205924098

Fri, 07 Mar 1997 06:37:36 GMT

1. Babbage: The Language of the Future

2. Using QvLib as Inventor look-alike? or free Inventor look-alike?

3. LOOKING FOR A JOB? Look here!

4. Are you looking for a job or know of someone who's looking?

5. Looking for SmallTalk programmers

6. Looking for pity...

7. Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

8. Looking for Bill Cole from JumpStart !

9. Looking for contract position

10. Looking for UML course/instructor

11. VW Look and Feel