help using BASIC (gwbasic, basica or qbasic)
Author Message
 help using BASIC (gwbasic, basica or qbasic)

-I ran into a strange problem with an old basic program.  The program attempts to read from a random access file opened with the following statement:
OPEN,"XXXXXXX.XXX" as #1 LEN=200
The program works on a pc clone running DOS 5.0.  It supposedly ran under DOS 3.2
I brought it to my PC running DOS 4.02?  and keep getting an error message.  It does not seem to like the reclen greater than 128.
Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?  I tried to run the program
with the three basic interpreters mentioned earlier, but to no avail.

Georges M. Fadel
Clemson University

Mon, 20 Feb 1995 20:37:30 GMT

1. help converting basica

2. HELP: key trapping in gwbasic

3. GWBasic - help neede please.

4. HELP: key trapping in gwbasic

5. Help can anyone give an example of a xcopy funtion in Power basic or basic or Qbasic

6. Basic help needed using IIOP in VAST 4.5

7. Help with some basic regular expressions using tcl

8. Please help Visual Basic Programer with simple read/write text file routine---Real Basic 2.1

9. QBASIC -WHO CAN HELP?

10. Qbasic help please!!

11. Sound Blaster Qbasic help

12. editing graphic from gwbasic