Is there a way to hide files/directories and detect file access
Author Message
 Is there a way to hide files/directories and detect file access

Platform: IBM RISC6000 Running AIX3.2.3 and X11R4 (UNIX)

We're part of a LAN (Local Area Network). I'm looking for a way
to keep nosey people with ROOT access from snooping in my directories,
or at least to detect it when they do. Is there a way of hiding the existence
of files and directories? Is there a way of detecting when someone has
attempted to ls or cd or copy or edit or tar one of my files? I DO have
pgp, but I'd rather they didn't even suspect the EXISTENCE of a file, lest
they compel me to decrypt it...

Anyway, I know from the -w option of pgp that file info still exists even
when the file name is deleted, until the info is written over. Perhaps
some way of deleting the file/directory name while still protecting the
bytes from being overstorred...

get USENET (big brother's idea) :(

Thanks!

Dave
1

Tue, 14 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is there a way to hide files/directories and detect file access?

2. Is there a way to hide files/directories and detect file access\?

3. Hidden files, selecting directories, & taxes

4. Hidden file access in VW 2.0

5. Exclusive file access or serial access to external file

6. Detect EOF for direct access, unformatted files?

7. file management: relinking icons to files in my directory

8. Making file path control only select directory paths not file names

9. How to generate single tclIndex file for files in multiple directories

10. Directory of File/Directories on CD

11. copy file from one directory to another directory

12. ABC File Access Error - Key File is invalid