PL/I Compiler Vendors wanted
Author Message
 PL/I Compiler Vendors wanted

Quote:
> I am looking for contact information for PL/I compiler vendors. Anyone
> have any names and/or phone numbers?

As I do not know what Your specific need is, here are a quick list:

   It looks as they made big efforts in the new version for OS/2.
   I can't say more for the moment, have not OS2 loaded yet.

   Standalone version for some $ 200 [dont know exact amount].
   Fullblown version with DB2 and CICS, mainframe access and the lot
   for around $1000+.

*** Digital ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

   Their PL/1 compiler on OpenVMS for VAX is very good. I have used
   since around 1982 in writing many system programming tools.
   And it generally saved me all the trouble of assembly language.

   It is also available for RISC Ultrix (and OpenVMS for Alpha I belive).

   IMHO, they make much to little advertisment about this jewel.

   Versions for various versions of UNIX. Mature (version 5).
   Also claims to have versions for NT and MSDOS (anyone tried?).

   Seems somewhat expensive to starters but very able tool for
   doing migration with.

*** Others

   Data General had a compiler back in the early 80'ies. Lost track.
   Data Research hade a compiler for CP/M.
   Rumours is that Prime also had a compiler for Prime/OS.

IBM have also lauched a newsletter called the PL/I Connection.
You call use the address above.

Please, keep in touch.
   /Magnus

  Elect{*filter*}Information Service     Phone:  +46 8 274543
  Box 3082, S-17103 Solna, Sweden   Fax:    +46 8 6861700 (attn: Banck)

Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Compiler Vendors wanted
Please see the FAQ for more information.

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Compiler Vendors wanted

Quote:
>   Data General had a compiler back in the early 80'ies. Lost track.
>   Data Research hade a compiler for CP/M.

    ~~~~
That's Digital Research?

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL/I Complier Vendors wanted

2. Simula Compiler vendor Wanted

3. PL/I compiler wanted!!

4. WANTED: PL/I-86 compiler

5. PL/1-Compiler for Win95 wanted

6. Wanted: Intel PL/M86 Cross-compiler for PC

7. PL/I Compiler for RS6000 wanted!

8. Wanted - PL/1 compiler for XENIX

9. PL/1 compiler for XENIX wanted

10. PL/I (was: IBM Needs to seed the PL/I Compiler)

11. VENDOR: Oberon Compiler for DOS Update

12. VENDOR: Shareware Update - Oberon Compiler for DOS