Forth [was: Comp.lang.lisp Census 2003]
Author Message
 Forth [was: Comp.lang.lisp Census 2003]

Quote:
>> [...] I was just suggesting languages other than Lisp
>> that are still fun to program in.

> Yes, I understand, but your mention of postscript reminded
> me of Forth; and as Forth looks very interesting to me
> (note: I have written less than 100 words of Forth in my
> entire life, so this is only an impression), and seems to
> share some of Lisp's huge advantages, while being targeted
> at a different style of domain, it strikes me as an
> excellent complement to Lisp in a developer's skill-set.
> Hence, I wondered if any c.l.l lispers are getting
> good mileage out of Forth, alongside Lisp.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~uj797/mind4th.html is an AI Mind in Forth.

No matter which AI language you favor, please accept the challenge
of coding a main Alife Mind program loop with stubbed-in calls to
the following artificial intelligence mind-modules:
- Security
- Sensorium
- Emotion
- Think
- Volition
- Motorium.

Please code this first AI module in your favorite
XYZ programming language by following the steps at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you know several programming languages,
code the Mind loop in each of them.

Put the resulting "main Alife Mind program loop"
on your personal Web site as open source AI code.

Then come back to Usenet and post a link to your
free AI source code for others to copy and enhance.

The idea is, if enough AI code warriors implement the first
Mind-module, other AI enthusiasts will respond to the grand
challenge of AI and code the AI Mind a little further.

We do not wish to standardize or homogenize the resulting AI code.
On the contrary, we want to see many pathways of AI evolution
branching off into the future in a survival-of-the-fittest race
towards the Technological Singularity of Vernor Vinge.

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;AI has been solved"

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:22:39 GMT

1. Forth [was: Comp.lang.lisp Census 2003]

2. Comp.lang.lisp Census 2003

3. archives for comp.lang.forth and comp.lang.forth.mac

4. Repost: I am new to forth (found in comp.lang.c)

5. comp.lang.forth and Comp.lang.pop

6. net.lang.forth is being renamed comp.lang.forth

7. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)

8. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)

9. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)

10. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)

11. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)

12. International Lisp Conference 2003 (ILC 2003)