Incremental compilation? Is there any work in theis area going on?
Author Message
 Incremental compilation? Is there any work in theis area going on?

I would like to know of any work being done using incremental compilation or
languages/enviroments which use incremental compilation.  What I mean by
incremental compilation is the compilation and linking of only those parts
of a program which have changed and splicing the changes back into the
exicutable code.  This allows for faster compilation of large programs
when only small changes have been made and allows the comiler to take care of
program segmentation into logical compilation blocks.  This allows the
programmer to divide the program into logical blocks of code not dependent
on what is most efficent for the compiler.

Thanks
Ken Poppleton

Ken Poppleton

Sat, 31 May 1997 09:44:23 GMT
 Incremental compilation? Is there any work in theis area going on?

: I would like to know of any work being done using incremental compilation or
: languages/enviroments which use incremental compilation. [...]

Apple's implementation of dylan is supposed to have this as one of its main
features (as I understand).  Many Lisp environments also feature it.
--

Sun, 01 Jun 1997 02:33:33 GMT

1. better incremental compilation

2. Melting, Freezing, and incremental compilation

3. incremental compilation

4. incremental compilation via shared library

5. Incremental Compilation

6. Incremental Locator not working

7. old PC + Browse + incremental locator + CW5ee = Not working

8. VA/MD/DC Area TopSpeed Usergroup Meeting Sat 10 AM

9. I am going to start assembly programming

10. am i gonna go down in flames??

11. Am stupid and now going crazy...

12. Tk in C: I am going insane