Finding Unix freeware (was: Solaris packages of tcl/tk 8.0p2)
Author Message
 Finding Unix freeware (was: Solaris packages of tcl/tk 8.0p2)

Quote:

>Will the tcl/tk group make solaris packages of tcl/tk 8.0p2 available
>at ftp.sunlabs.com? There are packages of version 8.0 there right now
>but there are at least one serious bug in that version.

>I could build packages myself but since we should include these in
>a software distribution we do I would feel more comfortable with
>using "official" packages.

                        .
                        .
                        .
... and then, once they're available, who wants to
be responsible for getting them to, say, <URL:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~claird/comp.unix.misc/unix_binaries.html...>?
There's a real opportunity here for something, al-
though I haven't yet figured out what it is.  All
I know is that many newcomers to Tcl try to do the
right thing by picking up what they regard as
authoritative installations, then we abuse them
for being two years behind the times when they ask
a question in c.l.t, 'cause these big collections
offer 7.5 or so.

It's not just about Tcl or Solaris, obviously, so
I've slightly fanned-out the newsgroup list.
--

Cameron Laird           http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~claird/home.html

Sat, 20 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solaris packages of tcl/tk 8.0p2

2. Tcl/Tk8.0p2 weird behaviour under Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6

3. ??? Bug tcl/tk 8.0p2 on UNIX platforms????

4. ANNOUNCE: Tcl 8.0p2 and Tk 8.0p2 releases

5. Running Tcl/Tk on Sun Solaris (UNIX) platforms

6. Need Help - tcl-8.0p2 for Solaris 2.5

7. tk 8.0p2 bug report: links against wrong Tcl directory when Tcl installed elsewhere

8. Tkinter Issues (Py 1.5, Tcl/Tk 8.0p2, tkFileDialog.py)

9. Installation of Tcl/Tk 8.0p2 on IBM-AIX

10. Tcl/Tk 8.0.3 - VERY SLOW - 8.0p2 was FAST

11. BLTunoff for Tcl/Tk 8.0p2 in Win95 ?

12. Segfault -- Tcl/Tk 8.0p2