want code/info for playing audio cd's in CD-ROM
Author Message
 want code/info for playing audio cd's in CD-ROM

        I want to write a full-featured audio CD player accessing the CD-Rom,
(preferably in Windows) but I have no idea what commands (and how complex)
to send to the CD-ROM.  Does anybody know what options I have, what commands
I use, or have source code to any audio CD player interface?
        I hope that the commands aren't too complex so I can spend my time
adding nice custom features and databases and stuff.
        Anywhere else (on or off the net) I should look?

                                        Thanks,
                                        Chris Sidi

PS Someone suggested using Media Card Interfaces and Visual Basic's DLL's.
I can't find what commands I need to send and the visual basic book is sparse.
Any info/code?

Sun, 30 Jun 1996 08:45:55 GMT

1. Playing an audio CD-ROM w/ assembly

2. Need info on CD-ROM(audio) Drives and how to control them

3. Programming CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW

4. Programming CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW

5. CD-ROM Audio

6. Distinguishing CD-ROM from CD/RW drives?

7. CD-Rom: Direct Read from Music-CD ???

8. Playing with the CD-ROM Drive

9. Cd-Rom play

10. Playing CD-ROM

11. Reading CD-ROM info