Best Programmer in the country ???
Author Message
 Best Programmer in the country ???

Hi.
During a recent drunken argument I humbly suggested that I was
'..probably one of the best 10 programmers in the country!'.

I based this snap conclusion on very little evidence of course
but in fact with some qualification the statement may be sort of
true...

I work in a small UK company programming in *Unisys 494 Assembly
Language*. Including 2 externals, there are actually 10 current
494 programmers in the company.

And I know of no other UK firm currently using this language.

Sober and therefore realistically classing myself as an 'average
programmer' I'd say there has to be *>9 other 494 prog'rs* out
there to prove this very scientific and totally objective little
theory wrong...

Well, R U out there??

BRgds
Jez
p.s. In fact, does anyone in the **world** still use 494 ??

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Best Programmer in the country ???

Quote:

>Sober and therefore realistically classing myself as an 'average
>programmer' I'd say there has to be *>9 other 494 prog'rs* out
>there to prove this very scientific and totally objective little
>theory wrong...

I would say there are at least 10 programmers better than you
at writing Unisys 494 assembly language.  They might not know
any 494 assembly language _now_, but give them two hours with
a manual and maybe some sample code.

Program into, not in, a language.
--
http://www.cs.su.oz.au/~gary/

Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. JOB-FT-Orange Country-CA-Smalltalk Sr. Programmer

2. Good news for good clipper programmers

3. An eXtreme Programmer's Best Friend - OOPSLA Demo report

4. Looking for a Few Good Programmers

5. Wanted: The Best Clarion Programmers

6. Jwars is looking for a few good programmers

7. looking for good clipper programmers

8. Any good Labview programmers here interested in?

9. becoming a better programmer

10. great masses of programmers would do better with a little more teamwork

11. Best language for low IQ programmers?

12. Best language for low IQ programmers?