linux
Author Message
 linux

I need some very basic instructions. About kindergarten or first grade
level. At present , all instructions presume a certain level of ability
that I seem to lack.I am basically trying to learn a program for which I
have no previous knowledge. Any help out there for a total beginner, or
should I give it up?

                      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linux

comp.programming:

Quote:
> I need some very basic instructions. About kindergarten or first grade
> level. At present , all instructions presume a certain level of ability
> that I seem to lack.I am basically trying to learn a program for which I
> have no previous knowledge. Any help out there for a total beginner, or
> should I give it up?

You need to reformulate your question, using more words.  What program
are you trying to learn?  Linux is not a program but an operating
system, one which comes with dozens (hundreds?) or utility programs.

This group is basically about writing computer programs, and
algorithms and techniques used in writing programs.  It is not really
about learning to use programs.

Perhaps if you provide a better explanation of what your problem is,
it will be appropriate for this group.  There are quite a few groups
with .linux in their name, one of them might be better for you.  But I
can't say for sure because you haven't provided enough information.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://jackklein.home.att.net

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linux

Quote:

> I need some very basic instructions. About kindergarten or first grade
> level. At present , all instructions presume a certain level of ability
> that I seem to lack.I am basically trying to learn a program for which I
> have no previous knowledge. Any help out there for a total beginner, or
> should I give it up?

Give up?  Not until you tell us which program it is.  Your message is
singularly uninformative.
--

Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/
12703 Veterans Memorial #106, Houston, TX  77014, USA

Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linux

Quote:

> > I need some very basic instructions. About kindergarten or first grade
> > level. At present , all instructions presume a certain level of
ability
> > that I seem to lack.I am basically trying to learn a program for which
> > have no previous knowledge. Any help out there for a total beginner,
or
> > should I give it up?

> Give up?  Not until you tell us which program it is.  Your message is
> singularly uninformative.
> --

> Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/
> 12703 Veterans Memorial #106, Houston, TX  77014, USA

                      http://www.help.com/

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 linux

Quote:
> Your message is singularly uninformative.

...and his followup doesn't help much either, eh? :)
Quote:

> > > I need some very basic instructions. About kindergarten or first grade
> > > level. At present , all instructions presume a certain level of
> ability
> > > that I seem to lack.I am basically trying to learn a program for which
> > > have no previous knowledge. Any help out there for a total beginner,
> or
> > > should I give it up?

> > Give up?  Not until you tell us which program it is.  Your message is
> > singularly uninformative.
> > --

> > Brokersys  +281-895-8101   http://www.brokersys.com/
> > 12703 Veterans Memorial #106, Houston, TX  77014, USA

>                       http://www.help.com/

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PB for Linux, SQL_Tools for Linux?

2. Clipper and Linux in the Linux Journal

3. the old free linux poplog comes to life on suse linux

4. EVENT: Apr 15 1998, Python/Linux Talk at Wash DC Linux User Group

5. g77 with AMDK6-2/Linux and with PII/Linux

6. debugger for gnu fortran77 under Linux, free compiler f90 under Linux

7. Opinion: Linux+Apache+Java+Servlets || Linux+Apache+Python

8. Linux Fortran UPDATE -- Absoft F77 for Linux

9. Linux Fortran Page Updated / Microway NDP F77 for Linux

10. Cross compiling Tcl Linux -> Linux

11. how to compile code on linux(32bit) for linux(64bit)

12. Linus on Linux (Was Smalltalk and Linux)