sources from "The AWK Programming Language"
Author Message
 sources from "The AWK Programming Language"

Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.

I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
I'd be interested in them, also.

Josh

Name:         Joshua Levy  (415) 424-0500x357
Disclaimer:   Teknowledge can plausibly deny everything.
Pithy Quote:  "Do not feed the lawyers raw meat." --Bloom County

                {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl}!jlevy%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 16:16:00 GMT
 sources from "The AWK Programming Language"

Quote:

>Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
>Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.

>I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
>there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
>I'd be interested in them, also.

Me too. At my new job we are converting a set of over 600 COBOL programs from
a Honeywell to UNIX using awk.
--

home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 424-7677, FLAME via email :)

Wed, 19 May 1993 00:31:00 GMT
 sources from "The AWK Programming Language"

Quote:

>>Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
>>Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.

>>I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
>>there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
>>I'd be interested in them, also.

>Me too. At my new job we are converting a set of over 600 COBOL programs from
>a Honeywell to UNIX using awk.
>--

There is a comprehensive test suite supplied by AT&T Toolchest as part
of the source code of the new awk distribution, which is what is
described in the recent (198[78]) book by "Aho & co."  The source
code is clearly copyright.  I am not sure about the test suite.  But
test suite and source code are not that expensive (ca $300).  Perhaps
your institution already has a copy.

Hope this helps,

John Rupley
    uucp: ..{ihnp4 | hao!noao}!arizona!rupley!local

    telex: 9103508679(JARJAR)
    (H) 30 Calle Belleza, Tucson AZ  85716 - (602) 325-4533
    (O) Dept. Biochemistry, Univ. Arizona, Tucson AZ 85721 - (602) 621-3929

Wed, 19 May 1993 04:54:00 GMT

1. "Convert" Programs as external source

2. REXX source "pretty printer" program

3. Smalltalk is not a "programming language"?

4. "reversed dataflow" programming language

5. "The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages"

6. "FORGET C" - New HOT Programming Language

7. "History of Programming Languages" by Wexelblat

8. "human factors" and programming languages

9. Announcing "The F Programming Language"

10. New Programming Languages and "C Envy"

11. "DPL - Decision Programming Language?"

12. "Programming Language Essentials" book