nmake for windows doesn't have DONE or FAILED
Author Message
 nmake for windows doesn't have DONE or FAILED

I have a great number of source files I compile for use under both
NT and Solaris.  Under Solaris I use the make utility and under NT
I use Microsoft's nmake utility (version 6).  For each main source
file I have a make file.  (legacy makefiles)

After compiling each module, I have my makefiles (under unix) run
a script.  This is accomplished by running the script from within
the .DONE: directive.  I also use the .FAILED: directive to account
for if the program did not compile properly.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to do this with nmake.  Does
anyone have any ideas?  I have heard there is a directive that will
work like .DONE: but none that will work like .FAILED:, but this is
just a rumor and they didn't remember where they found it.

Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

           -Richard

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'file mkdir' doesn't fail

2. Why failed the Marshal-test in nmake test?

3. Why doesn't this fail?

4. expect doesn't like...the failed attachment

5. twin (Windows Tk port): pack doesn't grow window

6. tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile

7. A window's -cursor command doesn't report valid options

8. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

9. NMAKE (Microsoft's) manual ?!?!?

10. Re Having trouble doing int 21/2521h

11. Window doesn't refresh

12. Mouse doesn't work with Windows 95/98