Command to receive data from port
Author Message
 Command to receive data from port

        I need to know how to read in data from a bi-directional port.

        In assembly language, we use :

                MOV  dx,port
                IN   al,dx

to move in a byte from a port. OR, we could simply use the "inportb(port)"
command from the BorlandC 3.1 to do the same thing.

        However, it does not seem to work for the bi-directional parallel port.
Why is this so ?  Is there anything else that I have to do and take note ?

        Please help !!!

Sat, 07 Jun 1997 12:44:29 GMT

1. Receiving data via serial port

2. Receiving Data From Comm Port

3. Problem to received data via serial port (again)

4. Com port and command with serial port

5. sending and receiving from serial Port Com1 Com2

6. serial port buffer receive overflow????

7. Error 37 received when initializing serial port 9.

8. RECEIVE COMMAND IN MVS

9. RECEIVE Command in MVS

10. VX-REXX: Need help for executing RECEIVE-Command

11. fortran programs which receive parameters from the command line

12. Q: How do I Send/Receive Bytecode command to external device using