C++/FORTRAN for numerical work
Author Message
 C++/FORTRAN for numerical work

I doubt very much that c++ can rewrite expressions arbitrarily in the manne
that has been suggested in this thread. ANSI C cannot, for example. This isn't
to say C++ is a good idea, but...

I think numerical programmers are starting to worry increasingly about the same
issues that has concerned computer science for so long, namely maintainability
and correctness rather than whether DO loops compile The Way God Intended Them
To.

I would, however, regard the ascension of C++ as a great shame as I think it is
a sytactic, semantic and practical mess.

Regards,

Julian.

Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:54:27 GMT
 C++/FORTRAN for numerical work

Quote:

>I would, however, regard the ascension of C++ as a great shame as I think it is
>a sytactic, semantic and practical mess.

        How???

--
/Loren Petrich, the Master Blaster

Sat, 20 Apr 1996 00:39:46 GMT

1. numerical simulation in FORTRAN and C++

2. Fortran vs. C for numerical work

3. Fortran vs. C for numerical work

4. Fortran vs. C for numerical work

5. C vs Fortran for numerical work

6. Fortran vs. C for numerical work

7. C vs Fortran for numerical work

8. Fortran vs. C for numerical work

9. Re : Fortran vs. C for numerical work

10. Fortran vc. C for numerical work

11. c++ calling fortran and fortran calling C++

12. Valgrind work with Intel Fortran/C++