Advantages/Disadvantages of Java
Author Message
 Advantages/Disadvantages of Java

    I am at present doing a Final Year project which involves the use of
Vanilla ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) to build the language 'Java
Decaffinated'an interpreted cut down version of Java.  I have my project
demo in about 2 weeks, and I have a sinking feeling that one of my
lecturers will be interrogating me about the need for object oriented
languages, and Java in particular.
    I have some ideas of my own, but I would like to hear any thoughts
you have on why we should use Object Oriented languages, and any
advantages Java has over other Object Oriented languages.
Please reply by email if possible.

Linda

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Advantages/Disadvantages of Java

Quote:

> I am at present doing a Final Year project which involves the use of
> Vanilla (http://www.vanilla.ie/) to build the language 'Java
> Decaffinated'an interpreted cut down version of Java. I have my
project
> demo in about 2 weeks, and I have a sinking feeling that one of my
> lecturers will be interrogating me about the need for object oriented
> languages, and Java in particular.
> I have some ideas of my own, but I would like to hear any thoughts
> you have on why we should use Object Oriented languages, and any
> advantages Java has over other Object Oriented languages.
> Please reply by email if possible.

there's an interesting critique of java at:
http://www.cs.mdx.ac.uk/harold/papers/javaspae.html

i'll skip "why oop", but imho the best argument for java rather than
another oo language is the compromise between popularity and elegance:
it's nicer than c++ and more popular than eiffel.

andrew
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. advantages and disadvantages of C++, Java and Smalltalk

2. Assessing Advantages/Disadvantages of Forth

3. advantages and disadvantages of functional language

4. advantage & disadvantage

5. advantages and disadvantages of modula-2 over C++...

6. The advantage & disadvantage of VRML

7. The disadvantage and advantage of VRML?

8. The advantage and disadvantage of VRML

9. advantage/disadvantage

10. advantages or disadvantages of ADA over pascal or modula

11. Advantages and disadvantages of f2c

12. Common block advantages and disadvantages