MUST READ: Announce New Pascal Compiler
Author Message
 MUST READ: Announce New Pascal Compiler

Quote:

>Work has started on a new Pascal compiler. Primary features include the
>following:

>  100% Borland compatible
>  produces .OBJ's for making linking to other languages easier
>  optimizes for 8086,286,386,486 and Pentium
>  produces code for Tiny,Small,Medium,Compact,Large,Huge and Flat
>    memory models
>  includes a 32bit DOS extender
>  supports for other de{*filter*}s ie codeview etc
>  code generation for PowerPC, making portability a reality for once

>It will be marketed as shareware for around the 20UKP price tag. Initially
>there will no tools that you see with a product such as Borland Pascal (ie
>De{*filter*},Profiler etc) however depending on the success of the product these
>may be included in the future.

>Also, there will initially be NO windows support.

>The user will be expected to either own Borland Pascal or buy a book on
>programming in Borland Pascal for the documentation. All differences where
>applicable will be documented on disk.

>This is not a fake post, work has been progressing slowly for the last 6
>months and we now have to take the decision on whether to risk going ahead
>with the project. Therefore this post is to get some idea from the online
>Pascal users about what they would like in their compiler.

>you feel are missing from your current Pascal compiler. Also please email if
>you haven't any ideas but would like to show that you are interested in the
>product.

>Depending on the success of this short post, further information will be made
>available.

>Thanks for your time.....

>Andrew Robinson

Tue, 09 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MUST READ: Announce New Pascal Compiler

2. MUST READ: Announce New Pascal Compiler

3. A new Eiffel compiler: Announcing TowerEiffel

4. New PL/I Compiler announced today

5. IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version

6. IBM: Announces new OS/390 (and VM) compiler

7. IBM announces new release of z/OS (OS/390) compiler

8. ANNOUNCE: new lisp compiler

9. ANNOUNCE: new regexp compiler and features

10. Announce: very beta fortran to pascal translator

11. Reading DOS Files/Written In PASCAL

12. reading a pascal binary data file