Seeking answer...
Author Message
 Seeking answer...

The difference between programming in C++ and programming in COBOL...

Could anyone can give me a detailed answer to the above?
It would be appreciated.

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:54:38 GMT
 Seeking answer...

    Claude> The difference between programming in C++ and programming
    Claude> in COBOL...

None :-) C++ is very well known as the Cobol of the 1990's. Both are
bloated, complex, hard to learn languages, which created their
expensive guru industry. Both are languages which are very low w.r.t
current state of art.

More technically, the diference are so huge that the question seems
meaningless....

And you should define what C++ (probably ISO1999) and what Cobol you
want to compare.

This seems to me a bad piece of homework. You'll learn a lot answering
by yourself.

Regards.
--

Basile STARYNKEVITCH -- http://perso.wanadoo.fr/starynkevitch/basile/
email: basile dot starynkevitch at wanadoo dot fr (France)

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:02:37 GMT
 Seeking answer...

    Claude> The difference between programming in C++ and programming
    Claude> in COBOL...  Could anyone can give me a detailed answer to
    Claude> the above?  It would be appreciated.

Sorry Claude,

but what is the difference between meat of pork and meat of fish? In
fact both are too different to be compared, I believe!

It may be possible, but to what avail?

Regards,
Clemens.

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 05:20:50 GMT
 Seeking answer...
Claude> The difference between programming in C++ and programming
Claude> in COBOL...  Could anyone can give me a detailed answer to
Claude> the above?  It would be appreciated.

One of them spells things out in pseudo-English, while the other makes
extensive use of braces and such as punctuation...
--

http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/languages.html
"Bawden is misinformed.  Common Lisp has no philosophy.  We are held

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:16:27 GMT

1. New python programmer seeks answers...

2. Lists are not Lisp cons lists (Re: New python programmer seeks answers...)

3. Simple Question seeks simple answer

4. Seeking info on Penguin, Perl's answer to Java

5. Seeking info on Penguin, Perl's answer to Java

6. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

7. SEEK or WHAT.. the return of SEEK

8. LOGO-L> Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

9. Answer to catenation along last row.

10. More on APL2003 at FCRC: Questions answered

11. Art and all that Jazz: hey, aches answer on hot kiosks, unless they're dry

12. Workspaces and message answers