Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?
Author Message
 Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

Dear all,

Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

Please point me to the resources,

thanks a lot,

-Walala

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:17:15 GMT
 Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

Quote:
> Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

comp.theory might be what you want.

(It's funny how comp.theory seems to focus solely on algorithms and
computation, as if other fields of CS didn't have any theory...)

Lauri Alanko

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:21:45 GMT
 Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?
Dear Lauri,

Thanks a lot...

It's really interesting that when I try to find newsgroups with "algorithms"
in title I found only "comp.graphics.algorithms"...

I think I don't want to ask about graphics and I only want algorithms,..

Now I know where should I post my questions...

Thank you very much for your help,

-Walala

Quote:

> > Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

> comp.theory might be what you want.

> (It's funny how comp.theory seems to focus solely on algorithms and
> computation, as if other fields of CS didn't have any theory...)

> Lauri Alanko

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:57:46 GMT
 Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

Quote:

> > > Is there a newsgroup specifically focusing on "algorithm" discussion?

> > comp.theory might be what you want.

> > (It's funny how comp.theory seems to focus solely on algorithms and
> > computation, as if other fields of CS didn't have any theory...)

> Thanks a lot...

> It's really interesting that when I try to find newsgroups with "algorithms"
> in title I found only "comp.graphics.algorithms"...

> I think I don't want to ask about graphics and I only want algorithms,..

> Now I know where should I post my questions...

First off, please don't top-post.  I've rearranged your comments.  (The
complaint's a little {*filter*}for comp.lang.misc, but I bet you'd annoy a
lot of people real quick, top-posting in comp.theory.)

Second, I'm willing to bet that you would find more help in
comp.programming, which is a general programming group, than in
comp.theory, which is a much more academically oriented group.

Unless you *are* looking for someone to review your proof of P=NP...
but from your grammar, I'm guessing you have a question about how
to make a Fibonacci tree in Pascal or something. :)

HTH,
-Arthur

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 12:36:58 GMT

1. "Ben Brady" discussion

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. "dead" newsgroup fix

4. New Newsgroup "Queen"

5. Looking for "Design" textbook or newsgroup

6. Vendor "input" to the COBOL newsgroups

7. COBOL FAQ - and the topic of "off-toic"posts in the COBOL Newsgroups

8. "Vendor" comments in the COBOL Newsgroups

9. where can be algorithm "BioRhythm"?

10. "Fittin" algorithm

11. Help: "Set Focus" in Clipper 5.3

12. Algorithm needed for "rationalize"